Local nutters/eccentrics

Are schizophrenics being deliberately targeted?

There was a man who was always dancing on Market Street wherever there was music. He was often with what I assume was African music but he’d be on his own sometimes just working his moves anywhere.

Anyone ever seen the fella around Parrs Wood/Ladybarn/Burnage who rides around on a penny farthing?

Or the fella in Gorton/Reddish area who has a sea turtle and takes it to the supermarket car park for people to stroke it ?
maybe the same fella used to go to the station pub in didsbury on one , must be over 20 years ago I saw him on it he parked it up against the wall there

Pretty much all the characters I can think of were in some way mentally ill. Despite the fact I usually post pretty close to the bone with an odd sense of humour, I'm going to resist sharing the more bizarre tales about people I actually know.

Galway has street "characters" but again, it's largely people that have been cast aside by services and so the community looks out for them instead.

No, you've just become one of them!

I remember Vinegar Vera well, she would be barred from my Dads pub on a regular basis .

Anyone remember Bags? A tramp in Manchester with a huge number of plastic bags full of all manner of shite but he guarded them with his life. Nice bloke though, I used to see him most days on my way to school, got to know him and even later on in my early drinking days in town , I'd bump into him regularly.
He always acknowledged me by name which would cause uproar amongst my mates.

Billy big hands in Salford was another. He was a self appointed glass collector in the pubs on Regent Rd. he'd whip your dregs and down it if you so much as turned your head. On the piss every night for free.
Billy big hands! we used to bang on the back yard gate to get a chase - he caught my mate once and give him a right twatting didn’t dare tell his dad because he would have got the same again :))))

A few in Warrington
Bananaman, who "held up" Morrison's petrol station with a banana.

Mad Ivy who always flashed at cars on Kingsway Sth, and had a penchant for shitting in the street.

Dancing Chris, the town centre piss head. Every time Creamfields had finished, he'd head up there and claim all the left over booze. You wouldn't see him for weeks. Done more short term porridge than Norman Stanley Fletcher

Johnny Warbo, who had many dificulties upstairs and physically . Used to run down the steps at Wilderspool (old rugby ground), usually resulting in injury

The Can Man, who wanders around the town centre with a small supermarket trolley, collecting tin cans into a huge Sports Direct bag for life. Rumour has it, he's very clever, but his wife died, and it tipped him over the edge.

People often mistake eccentricity for something more severe. There’s a man who looks like a tramp in my local but is extremely intelligent and knowledgeable about many subjects.

Are schizophrenics being deliberately targeted?

There was a man who was always dancing on Market Street wherever there was music. He was often with what I assume was African music but he’d be on his own sometimes just working his moves anywhere.
Not sure, but there used to be loads outside Prestwich Mental Hospital doing similar years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.