Local nutters/eccentrics

ste1969 said:
The old boy known as paddy, causing mahem with his bike on stockport rd levenshulme in the 80's. He lost the plot after his wife died, and took it out on the traffic.

oh I remember that loon..,. Used to shout and attack cars on Stockport Rd. Was it a kids bike too? Red?

mancityvstoke said:
ste1969 said:
The old boy known as paddy, causing mahem with his bike on stockport rd levenshulme in the 80's. He lost the plot after his wife died, and took it out on the traffic.

oh I remember that loon..,. Used to shout and attack cars on Stockport Rd. Was it a kids bike too? Red?

I can't remember what the bike was like, but how the fuck he never got killed by a 192 bus. He used to go to church everyday and would be as quiet as the next guy.

bluemoon73 said:
I can remember Bruce Springsteen boy really well, he used to brighten up Rochdale bus station when i lived there for a couple of years.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ad4ntm-o0Nc[/youtube]

speccybob 8 said:
bluemoon73 said:
I can remember Bruce Springsteen boy really well, he used to brighten up Rochdale bus station when i lived there for a couple of years.

Ahhh yes, remember this bloke well. He began his odd ways back when Rochdale cinema used to be in the centre (and only a fucking quid to get in). There always used to be one bastard huge queue that went round the side towards McDonalds. This gadge turned up a sang his heart out until everyone finally paid in. Folk used to flick coins at him but never once did I see him pick them up. Daft sod.

speccybob 8 said:
bluemoon73 said:

Aw that's the fella, was 20 years ago when i first came across him, bless him.

kippax_blueboy said:
Do we have less eccentrics these days?
I always use to see people in Manchester or at City who i thought a little mentally unbalanced not many these days.

Am I walking round with my eyes shut?
No, you've just become one of them!

I remember Vinegar Vera well, she would be barred from my Dads pub on a regular basis .

Anyone remember Bags? A tramp in Manchester with a huge number of plastic bags full of all manner of shite but he guarded them with his life. Nice bloke though, I used to see him most days on my way to school, got to know him and even later on in my early drinking days in town , I'd bump into him regularly.
He always acknowledged me by name which would cause uproar amongst my mates.

Billy big hands in Salford was another. He was a self appointed glass collector in the pubs on Regent Rd. he'd whip your dregs and down it if you so much as turned your head. On the piss every night for free.

No idea if he had an official name, but when I was younger around 1985 ish there used to be a guy who we called the Alky Jogger.

He would be seen all the time running around Cheadle Hulme/Cheadle (Radnomere estate) With his ginger hair and if you did not get out of his way you would either get a smack in the face or be chased whilst he screamed inaudible words at you.

I am not sure but I think he had a handicapped son if that helps ring any bells.

He was a shit hot runner mind.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.