Local nutters/eccentrics

Anyone remember a guy around Ladybarn/Withington called Fritz, used to be very well dressed with a tache, he told everyone he was royalty from some European country. If memory serves he was in the paper as an imposter/conman something to do with Diana wedding.

block128 said:
GaudinosWheels said:
Also, late 80's early 90's in New Moston there was an old fella simply known as 'Sam' who appeared to walk the streets making bizarre coughing/choking/screeching noises. Used to be able to hear him all hours of the day and night.

I remember Sam.

He used to go in Hollingsworth bakers (and other shops)on hollinwood ave and get free stuff so he would fuck off out of the shop.

Betty in the keen spot shop didn't take any shit of him though, he could barely get whoooooooop out , never mind his follow up doooooooo before he was told to shut it and move on.

I used to knock his flat cap off when I rode past him on my bike and shout roll us yer cap grandad.

A bit cruel I know, but I was 12.

Any idea what became of him?

bluemoon73 said:
There used to be a guy called Bruno in Bury,he used to stand outside Vibes with a bottle of cider playing air guitar,not seen him for years.

Also there was a tin can man,he used to travel everywhere with bags and bags of empty drink cans, don't see him anymore.

I remember bruno!

Years ago in Blackpool there was an old guy who had some form of OCD. As he walked through town he had to walk into every shop backwards, turn around and walk out backwards. This went on from shop to shop. At the height of Summer he would have a crowd of holiday makers following him about and cheering him on.

We have a family across the road that think the sun shines out of their arse. Xmas just gone, the youngest lad spun his car in the snow so I thought I'd shout out of the window to see if they needed a push, to which they completely ignored me. I laughed my head off and made sure they heard me. Wankers.

I guess that makes me the local eccentric then.

A woman who I often see on the tram around the Bury area. She always has a pram with her but rather than a baby she has either various belongings (radios, household items) or her dog.

Loves telling random strangers that she's "Off to London to see a friend".

Del Monte said:
A woman who I often see on the tram around the Bury area. She always has a pram with her but rather than a baby she has either various belongings (radios, household items) or her dog.

Thats not a woman, its Andyhinch.

wayne71 said:
Del Monte said:

Thats not a woman, its Andyhinch.

Awww right to tell him what you wrote!! ;-)

there was mad bill morley who dressed as a spaceman and wandered the back streets of Sale looking for his lost horse benjamin but he had usually shit in his pants which tended to put off any potential helpers find the poor thing

Balti said:
there was mad bill morley who dressed as a spaceman and wandered the back streets of Sale looking for his lost horse benjamin but he had usually shit in his pants which tended to put off any potential helpers find the poor thing
I never did find my horse, Im all better now. Bananas. Quim. aqualung.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.