Lokeren Away 2003

Was a great trip. We booked the main hotel in Lokeren as soon as the draw was made, 5 of us. Got a call from the hotel manager the following day saying they had to cancel the booking on police advice as they didn’t want English hooligans staying in their nice town. I told him that City fans weren’t like that and the biggest problem they would get is their town would get drunk dry but there’d be no trouble, and I asked him to read up about Manchester City fans. Later that day he called me back and said he had done just that, and had spoken to his brother or brother in law (can’t remember which) who was the chief of Lokeren police and that they were happy to honour our booking, and that all Manchester City fans were welcome in Lokeren. It was a beautiful town, we did indeed drink it dry, and although there was a heavy police presence they stayed out of the way and I didn’t see any mither. The fighting in the stand to our right was Lokeren with fans of another Belgian club (I thought it was Beveren)? Great trip. In the morning I went to get the car which we’d had to park slightly out of the centre, and I saw a line of primary school kids being walked somewhere with their teacher, and about half of them had City scarves, presumably given to them or their dads by Blues, it was a nice site. We were there when we were shit. The only problem we had was the night before the game we got a train somewhere, pretty sure it was Antwerp, and it was full of Geordies who were playing there, and we got a load of fucking mither from them

EVyVIZqXgAU60_b

Got absolutely wankered the night before in the club bar with a group of Lokeren fans that were setting up the temp stand City fans were in.Underestimated the beer.

Was so ill the next day when my brother and Mrs arrived.A City fan who knew a contact of my brother got us tickets in their exec boxes below the TV gantry. Think I fell asleep.

During the game a city fan ( still goes, quite old now, grey hair, bit of a quiff, usually had a drink), got into an argument near a food stall in the ground with a couple of younger lads, they gave him a bit of a beating
Unfortunately for them, they were on the flight back when a group of this blokes mates decided to give them a smack, the whole cabin crew seem to panic and there was a lot of fighting shouting etc and threats to land the plane etc.
Police were waiting at the airport probably to stop the 2 lads from getting another kicking.
This is my interpretation of events as I saw what happened

That's what i got told. We stayed at the Ibis, i was speaking to his brother or one of his mates the next morning.

went with TC, coach to ground and all the little bars were closed and loads of police so walked in opposite direction of everyone and found a bar about a mile away, everytime i bought a beer i was given a plate of cheese and mustard, lovely. went to the ground, gene kelly end past all the sweet stalls, didn't notice anyone paying ! great trip

Yes I went with TC, First time to Europe, had a great day, ended up in a little bar near to the ground, full of City fans, think the owner was Turkish ?, unfortunately we drank the place dry, the owner said no problem, jumped in his car and went for more, which was truly appreciated, on the same bus as R Hatton senior, he was near his peak at that time.

The only problem we had was the night before the game we got a train somewhere, pretty sure it was Antwerp, and it was full of Geordies who were playing there, and we got a load of fucking mither from them

We stayed in Antwerp and yes there were lots of Geordies there with quite a few of them acting like bellends. Think they were playing a Dutch team just across the border.

Also there were Scottish fans in town... might have been Hibs or Hearts

We stayed in Antwerp and yes there were lots of Geordies there with quite a few of them acting like bellends. Think they were playing a Dutch team just across the border.

Also there were Scottish fans in town... might have been Hibs or Hearts
I bet the jocks gave you less mither than the geordies? Sunderland and Newcastle about 10 to 12 miles apart, their fans are chalk and cheese

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.