LOL Qatar

Hey fellow blues, checking in here from the States.

We are absolutely gutted by the announcement, just as I'm sure you all are over the 2018 announcement. It sucks for both nations, but at least you lost to a country that has a good economy, a high level league, and isn't smaller the state of Connecticut. This is an absolute joke and I could go on for hours about how ridiculous this decision is. What I don't understand is that one of the big selling points by Qatar is that they will build their stadiums with built-in A/C, however, technology will only allow them to cool the temperature by so much. So instead of playing in 113 degrees Fahrenheit, they will play in something like 100 degrees Fahrenheit. It pains me to say this, but I honestly don't understand why they are putting the players at risk like this and I would not be surprised to see someone seriously injured as a result. Will it take a player dying on the pitch for FIFA to realize how much of a mistake this is?

On top of that, what happens with the supporters from Brazil show up and their female supporters are in their bikinis? Are they going to throw them in jail? Punishing them under Qatar law? Added on to that, the alcohol and curfew laws, how do they expect to see any revenue? I'm garaunteing this right now, 2022 will be the least attended World Cup in it's history. Stadiums will be half empty and fans will be able to spit from one stadium to the next.

How are the teams going to find room to train in-between matches? Are they going to have to share training grounds? More than likely, yes. How will there be enough hotels for the teams? Do they even have 32 hotels in Qatar? Do they really want rival nations staying in the same hotel?

This thing has disaster written all over it, and I hope it blows up in Qatar, and FIFA's face. It's time for a change, unfortunately, the lack there of, has already cost England and the States the 2018 and 2022 WC. If Qatar did not have oil under it's soil, they never get the host. I don't care if you disagree with me on that, but take the nation of Qatar and transplant it into the middle of Europe and tell me with a straight face that they get the host site for 2022, oh wait, you can't.

I wonder if the bookies already have odds out for 2026, because Luxembourg would have to be the favorites. A new country, extremely small, no possible way that their infrastructure can handle what the WC brings, etc. Oh wait, that's Qatar, just without the oil in the ground.

Wheelsy said:
Less than 2m people, ranked 116 in the world, yada yada...

I'm gutted personally, because of what the World Cup would have done for this country. Compared to England, Germany, and the US, our grounds are light years behind. This would have given us the chance to upgrade these stadia, which would be filled in sports all year round, not just 4 weeks in 2022.

Plus the economic, tourist positives... makes me sick.

Oz would have been a good world cup. Your bid should have gone back to your convict roots and got the brown envelopes out ;)

I feel sick, and bitter.

I could have handled defeat at the hands of the USA, but to Qatar...

I've lost a lot of faith in FIFA and football in general today. I'm trying to take the emotion out of it however i can't help feeling hard done by.

Thank you City, at least your still here.

pmsl all the yanks moaning we've not had it for 60years!!!!!! not 15 years ago like you lot!!!

3rd biggest city has a population of 31,000
6th biggest has 9000
The average high temperature in July is 46 degrees
Qatar explicitly uses Sharia law
On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation

That's what I've found from 5 minutes of looking at Qatar.

International football is shite anyway. The last few Euro's and World Cups have been boring.

Russia is too cold and will have stadiums in remote places and no way will the stadiums be full.

Qatar being chosen sends huge signals that FIFA are corrupt and a joke.

howfen blue said:
pmsl all the yanks moaning we've not had it for 60years!!!!!! not 15 years ago like you lot!!!

Listen everyone over here is taking your loss almost as hard as ours. The vast majority here wanted England in 2018 and USA in 2022. As some of the other Aussies mentioned, we could have been happy losing to Oz, but Qatar? Piss off.

Put it into context.

It's like holding the World Cup in Northern Ireland, except Northern Ireland has more land!

Qatar are going to demolish their stadiums after the competition and sell them to other countries. Wwwwwhat? I thought these big sports events were meant to be environmentally friendly and all?

I flew through Qatar on the way to Abu Dhabi, and it was horrible. Dubai will be made up because most people will stay in Dubai and fly to Qatar for the matches....which makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.