LOL Qatar

lionheart said:
Qatar has one city and one airport only, nothing else. UAE would have been a much better venue with Abu Dhabi, Dubai and five other Emirates involved. The 2022 world cup will be a complete disaster.

I agree the UAE would of been a suitable if not a much better venue too but still 2022 is 12 years away, lots of things will be built between now and then.

inbetween said:
Take the blinkers off lads and actually read about what has happened.

I don't see why Qatar is relevant, we lost the 2018 bid to Russia not Qatar. The FIFA laws state the 2022 WC must be held in anywhere but Europe as the 2018 WC will be in Europe. The opposing bids were Australia which would be ridiculous as it's to far away from anywhere and they are a developed economy. Japan were co-hosts in 2002 so that would be a pisstake. South Korea also were also co-hosts in 2002 and America had it 15 years ago...

Qatar is an emerging country similar to the UAE, oil rich and like Abu Dhabi who got the Formula One circuit are going places. As for Sharia Law it only applies to Muslims, hotels and stuff in the country like in Dubai will no doubt allow alchohol and what-not, there are direct flights to the capital Doha 6hrs from Manchester so of the available bids its the best one for us if you were voting!

Would rather fly the extras few hours were I can walk the streets, have a GOOD drink and not be under Sharia style law.

inbetween said:

I don't see why Qatar is relevant, we lost the 2018 bid to Russia not Qatar. The FIFA laws state the 2022 WC must be held in anywhere but Europe as the 2018 WC will be in Europe
. The opposing bids were Australia which would be ridiculous as it's to far away from anywhere and they are a developed economy. Japan were co-hosts in 2002 so that would be a pisstake. South Korea also were also co-hosts in 2002 and America had it 15 years ago...

Qatar is an emerging country similar to the UAE, oil rich and like Abu Dhabi who got the Formula One circuit are going places. As for Sharia Law it only applies to Muslims, hotels and stuff in the country like in Dubai will no doubt allow alchohol and what-not, there are direct flights to the capital Doha 6hrs from Manchester so of the available bids its the best one for us if you were voting!
No shit England didn't lose to Qatar, who suggested they did?
Qatar may only be a 6hr flight from Manchester, but so is Greenland.

Is it true that beer is banned in Qatar ?

If it is it's not gonna be much of a place to visit , is it?

mcmanus said:
inbetween said:

I don't see why Qatar is relevant, we lost the 2018 bid to Russia not Qatar. The FIFA laws state the 2022 WC must be held in anywhere but Europe as the 2018 WC will be in Europe. The opposing bids were Australia which would be ridiculous as it's to far away from anywhere and they are a developed economy. Japan were co-hosts in 2002 so that would be a pisstake. South Korea also were also co-hosts in 2002 and America had it 15 years ago...

Would rather fly the extras few hours were I can walk the streets, have a GOOD drink and not be under Sharia style law.

So of the options Australia is pretty much the only option then, that is a World Cup i know i can't afford to even get to anyway. Sharia Law is not imposed on tourists, crime is basically non-existant. The only thing to be bothered about in Qatar is it is a Muslim state which means 'things' will be frowned upon, IE: Take drugs and get caught and you'll probably never see home again. Having been their before and to the UAE you won't even notice your in that kind of country.<br /><br />-- Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:54 pm --<br /><br />Alcohol is also allowed providing the venue has a license or if its a hotel so basically unless you want to walk the streets pissed out your skull, there is nothing to worry about.

inbetween said:
mcmanus said:

So of the options Australia is pretty much the only option then, that is a World Cup i know i can't afford to even get to anyway. Sharia Law is not imposed on tourists, crime is basically non-existant. The only thing to be bothered about in Qatar is it is a Muslim state which means 'things' will be frowned upon, IE: Take drugs and get caught and you'll probably never see home again. Having been their before and to the UAE you won't even notice your in that kind of country.

When I said walk the streets I meant physically walk them because I have been in July and some passengers struggled to do the 100 yards to the terminal. It's suffocating.

inbetween said:
howfen blue said:
Does anybody think abu dhabi will have helped qatar in getting it over to that part of the world?

Abu Dhabi is a city in the UAE, Qatar is a country, so no.
i know that, but its a big feather in the cap for the region just thinking he could have helped them.

FIFA puts the World Cup in the terrorism capital of the world

Well played boys, well played. You can get fucked if you think I'm going to Qatar to watch a game.

I am really not very arsed that The USA lost out but QATAR?? What a fucking joke that is!!!!

Having that asshole Jack Warner in ANY position of responsibility is beyond a sick joke. I wouldnt trust that jerkoff to walk my dog........England definitely were the best candidates. I know you lost out to Russia. Well, at least Russia is a viable player, QATAR???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.