LOL Qatar

Australia would have been fantastic and well deserved. Qatar will be ridiculously shit.

scall said:
Put it into context.

It's like holding the World Cup in Northern Ireland, except Northern Ireland has more land!

Qatar are going to demolish their stadiums after the competition and sell them to other countries. Wwwwwhat? I thought these big sports events were meant to be environmentally friendly and all?

I flew through Qatar on the way to Abu Dhabi, and it was horrible. Dubai will be made up because most people will stay in Dubai and fly to Qatar for the matches....which makes a mockery of the whole thing.

Would you be surprised if those stadia go to countries that voted for them today? I thought the World Cup was supposed to build a legacy in the host country. Qatar isn't going to have a legacy, they are building and taking down just as quickly. Total Farce.

FeedTheGoat10 said:
3rd biggest city has a population of 31,000
6th biggest has 9000
The average high temperature in July is 46 degrees
Qatar explicitly uses Sharia law
On February 24, 2010, Qatar and Iran signed a defense co-operation agreement in which the two countries stressed the need to expand their defense cooperation

That's what I've found from 5 minutes of looking at Qatar.

Wow, I can't see any downside really!

Didn't the Fifa inspectors say that hosting the World Cup in Qatar would be high risk. Good job they listened to them.

Take the blinkers off lads and actually read about what has happened.

I don't see why Qatar is relevant, we lost the 2018 bid to Russia not Qatar. The FIFA laws state the 2022 WC must be held in anywhere but Europe as the 2018 WC will be in Europe. The opposing bids were Australia which would be ridiculous as it's to far away from anywhere and they are a developed economy. Japan were co-hosts in 2002 so that would be a pisstake. South Korea also were also co-hosts in 2002 and America had it 15 years ago...

Qatar is an emerging country similar to the UAE, oil rich and like Abu Dhabi who got the Formula One circuit are going places. As for Sharia Law it only applies to Muslims, hotels and stuff in the country like in Dubai will no doubt allow alchohol and what-not, there are direct flights to the capital Doha 6hrs from Manchester so of the available bids its the best one for us if you were voting!

I fear for football in Australia after this decision.

Trying to find a positive spin on this, but i just can't.

I hope Wikileaks next release is to do with FIFA and this whole world cup shambles.

Well it 3.30am, time for bed Blues... Gutted.

Does anybody think abu dhabi will have helped qatar in getting it over to that part of the world?

howfen blue said:
Does anybody think abu dhabi will have helped qatar in getting it over to that part of the world?

Abu Dhabi is a city in the UAE, Qatar is a country, so no.

Qatar has one city and one airport only, nothing else. UAE would have been a much better venue with Abu Dhabi, Dubai and five other Emirates involved. The 2022 world cup will be a complete disaster.

Wish Wales would bid so i can see us in 1 final in my lifetime. We have the stadiums, 2x Cardiff, Swansea and um...........................

Ok a co-host will do :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.