Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

Anybody who thinks there is a chance of this being moved to England is deluding themselves

25k potentially attending of which 17k will be the ‘UEFA family’ aka sponsors, hangers on etc. They will already have their flights and hotels booked and their UEFA financed booze ups and banquets pencilled in their diaries

UEFA don’t give a toss about 3 ESL English clubs and 8k of their fans who they probably don’t want to attend at all but are being forced into it

I’ve posted a few things in here , hope I’m not too negative for you all. This should be the best night of our City watching lives but this bastard virus is a real buzz kill. I’m just trying to give you a flavour of the 2 main citys in Turkey under the current lockdown.
You're an excellent source of information!

I'm going Wednesday to Sunday so will have to get the PCR test over there. Not sure how that will work for those going on a day trip/overnight!

Pointless going over If there isn't going to be any bars open, unless you have a ticket.

They'll see from your passport that you entered the country on day X and then you're trying to leave on day Y. Not sure whether they'll do anything about it but I think they certainly could.

There is a chance Turkey could go on the green list if they get their daily cases to average 14k or below. It was 26.5k today but lockdown impact won't be visible yet.

Quarantine can be broken if you are leaving the country. As the current rules stand.

Flights already spiralling with the chavs piling onto skyscanner.
we paid £165 this afternoon and it’s £264 now.

Flights already spiralling with the chavs piling onto skyscanner.
we paid £165 this afternoon and it’s £264 now.
I’m not touching flights until I know I have a ticket and I know how many hoops you need to jump through to get to turkey and back home

Last edited:
Turkish airlines allow you to hold the flights for 72 hours.
costs £15 which is refunded when you pay.
if you don’t checkout you just lose £15.
no brainer really.
knew flights would shoot up if chelski won.
72 hours gives enough time for the traffic light countries to be announced Friday.
if Turkey is red, then all its cost is £15.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.