Long weekend in Istanbul at end of May - Turkey on Govt Red List

1900 is a pisstake. Smaller capacity ground though presumably?

Supporters being allocated less than 40% of all available tickets though. UEFA really are scum.
Only a rumour. Capacity is 41,000.

The Atatürk Stadium holds 75,000. If the Europa League final is the benchmark then proportionately we would expect around 3,500 tickets.

Again though, all speculation and projections.

Would many fans actually make the trip? The 2k at Wembley only just sold out for the league cup final.

The Champions League is obviously more special, but there's going to be a lot of messing around if you want to attend and there's the risk that you'll have to isolate upon returning to the UK. Even the match itself wouldn't be great - the atmosphere and occasion wouldn't be the same. It would be better to watch it in a beer garden in town?

Everyone I know who's been to Istanbul says it's a terrific town. One of the few big cities in the world that I'd like to visit that I've never been to. Ever since seeing Topkapi when I was about ten or something, dreamt of going there. And getting up on to the roof. And getting that diamond encrusted dagger.

Istanbul currently has a curfew in place 7pm until 5am until the 17th May, I know this is 2 weeks before the final but likely to be extended IMO. Don’t think bars and restaurants etc are open and Covid cases are sky high. Not sure it would be worth the trip at all and we’re not there yet. Still a big game next Tuesday

Would many fans actually make the trip? The 2k at Wembley only just sold out for the league cup final.

The Champions League is obviously more special, but there's going to be a lot of messing around if you want to attend and there's the risk that you'll have to isolate upon returning to the UK. Even the match itself wouldn't be great - the atmosphere and occasion wouldn't be the same. It would be better to watch it in a beer garden in town?
That's a good question and it's extremely difficult to gauge demand. I think a lot depends on the requirements a) when you get there, and b) when you get home. I suspect that a lot of people will rule it out for the reasons you have stated, particularly if 10 days' quarantine is required upon return (as will likely be the case due to Turkey's surging Covid rates).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.