Looking for a voice of reason

49 tickets in our end I counted. Over 21000 points and I don't qualify along with others who have more than me.I have got used to missing the Derby at Old Scaffold but seeing these tickets go on sale like this just winds me up.
If the club cared it could easily match any tickets to whoever they were issued to and take action

We know they won't though

Never been to England and you want your first experience to be going to a shithole that is old trafford, give your head a wobble.
Our players have to be sanitised for days after playing there.
Has anyone also mentioned you are likely to be spat on?

Plan properly and experience Gods own club, with thousands of sky blues, even if the result can’t be guaranteed you will have a much better experience all round and see how a club is run properly. Not a difficult decision.

So I have some time and I've never been to England so I'm considering a last minute flight to Manchester to see the derby. Is it a good idea to fly over w/o a ticket? I see some for sale for around $250 American. Is this something I should do or is it a stupid idea?

You only get one life Blue.

US based blue here, did home v Brighton & away at Young Boys, now back in Cheadle celebrating my mothers 84th birthday.

I’ve done Old Trafford derby a few times (in home and away ends) and apart from the euphoric feeling at the final whistle when we’ve beaten them, every other aspect of the visit to Old Trafford is SHIT !

It’s certainly not worth the costs you’re looking at. As others have said, plan in advance and do a derby, or dippers or CL game at the Etihad. Heck, go big style and do hospitality.

I’ll be at my 84 YO mothers on Sunday, with my 92 YO blue supporting uncle, watching the match via my US Peacock VPN stream rather than be at Old Trafford.

Home derby is start of March. Save your dollars for now and make a proper plan for that.

You don’t want to go to old toilet for your first experience of a game. Just give me your money if that’s what you’re planning on doing.

March. Book it and enjoy our stadium and our fans.

Sounds like you got the dough so £££ is not the issue here. Away trips are and can be incredibly fun - but honestly like many suggested why don’t you come over for the home derby and make a whole wkd out of it?

Old trafford is a fucking horrific experience as a City fan - they'll be extra fuming this weekend too after we've just done the treble and the presses insistence on riling it up all week following a few kids singing songs on the concourse last weekend, not an enjoyable first taste of english football id advise

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.