Looking for a voice of reason

Re: local supporters clubs. I live in a major metro area in the US and we have a supporters club. However, it’s not close by (probably an hour away with traffic). Plus, I’ve got kids with their own sports on the weekends so often I end up watching the game after the fact - it would be hard for me to watch live with the supporters club. If I can’t watch live with the club are there other reasons to join? Do they always have tickets available (I’d like to take my son to a game someday but we had planned on getting hospitality tickets for a less popular game)?
I know supporters clubs charge a different amount for membership (one I know charges about $30 a season but then they get a free scarf or other item) where as in Tampa we charge the bare minimum of $7 a season and get no freebies.
There is no 100% guarantee you will get a ticket but every time a Tampa Blue has ordered a ticket we've been successful (that's maybe 12 tickets a season).

Obviously the bigger the game, the more the demand. But then on BlueMoon we have the ticket and travel forum where genuine blues are offloading tickets at face value for games they can't attend so one way or another, as Debbie Harry once remarked, you'll get in.

Other reason to join? Well i dont know where you live but in December the trophies are on display in NY, DC and San Francisco so members of the OSC will be able to attend exclusive events around that and as well as events when City do their now regular pre-season tour of the US and don't forget the world club cup is coming to the US in 2025. Go ahead and join ;)

Last edited:
Some of the top points earners at every club will be ticket touts. Not fans, just touts that have joined the points schemes from Day1 and got tickets for every game.

Some of these tickets will be put on these sites by the football clubs themselves. I reckon it’s happened for years and was proven to be the case in the music industry for concerts. There’s no way football clubs aren’t also doing it, they’re money obsessed.

I’ve never met an actual City fan who’d do this sort of thing.
The times.. they are a changing....

So I have some time and I've never been to England so I'm considering a last minute flight to Manchester to see the derby. Is it a good idea to fly over w/o a ticket? I see some for sale for around $250 American. Is this something I should do or is it a stupid idea?
You could come next weekend and get 3 games in in a 8 day stretch,bournemouth and young boys home,prem and champs league fixture and try to get a chelsea away ticket,spend some time in Manchester before moving on to London for Chelsea.Would be some trip that.

So I have some time and I've never been to England so I'm considering a last minute flight to Manchester to see the derby. Is it a good idea to fly over w/o a ticket? I see some for sale for around $250 American. Is this something I should do or is it a stupid idea?
You couldn't pay me to step foot in that shithole never mind me pay for the pleasure.
Save your money mate.

I can’t think of a worse introduction to the UK than an away game at the Ragodrome.

It’s be like me deciding to go to America and visiting one of the council estates in Baltimore where they filmed the Wire.
Or it would be like ending up on the set of the 1980s film Full Metal Jacket.
This isn't trivialising The Vietnam War btw (especially as the original poster is American) That film set was on wasteland somewhere in England anyway I believe...actually that sounds a bit like Sunday's upcoming derby doesn't it!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.