Looking for a voice of reason

As others have said, maybe its better to go to the Home Derby, unless you don't mind spending that kind of money for 1 game. Everything will be cheaper if you book flights + hotels for the home game in March + it will be easier to get a ticket for the game.

Is the ticket in the City end or the rag ends?
Last minute flights are expensive. Hotel will be expensive as half of Ireland, Scandinavia and Basingstoke will be over for the game....

Save your money. Book a flight months in advance for the home derby and get a ticket at face value (if you haven't, join your local supporters club) and enjoy a weekend with the city centre full of Blues.

Stay at home this weekend and enjoy the game on US Network or Peacock whichever it's on.
Re: local supporters clubs. I live in a major metro area in the US and we have a supporters club. However, it’s not close by (probably an hour away with traffic). Plus, I’ve got kids with their own sports on the weekends so often I end up watching the game after the fact - it would be hard for me to watch live with the supporters club. If I can’t watch live with the club are there other reasons to join? Do they always have tickets available (I’d like to take my son to a game someday but we had planned on getting hospitality tickets for a less popular game)?

Re: local supporters clubs. I live in a major metro area in the US and we have a supporters club. However, it’s not close by (probably an hour away with traffic). Plus, I’ve got kids with their own sports on the weekends so often I end up watching the game after the fact - it would be hard for me to watch live with the supporters club. If I can’t watch live with the club are there other reasons to join? Do they always have tickets available (I’d like to take my son to a game someday but we had planned on getting hospitality tickets for a less popular game)?
Do they still have Tape Delay games like they did the NBA? No one watches "live".

The sad part is some so called City fans are willing to buy a ticket using loyalty points etc and then flog them on these sites to any fucker

Touting like that surely can be stopped

Why don’t clubs simply buy these tickets and deduct the points off whoever has sold them

One such swoop may put an end to it
Some of the top points earners at every club will be ticket touts. Not fans, just touts that have joined the points schemes from Day1 and got tickets for every game.

Some of these tickets will be put on these sites by the football clubs themselves. I reckon it’s happened for years and was proven to be the case in the music industry for concerts. There’s no way football clubs aren’t also doing it, they’re money obsessed.

I’ve never met an actual City fan who’d do this sort of thing.

Not sure if I’m being suckered in here (missing the joke?) but I watch 3-4 PL games LIVE every week in the USA. And all PL games are available 24? hours later to watch on-demand via Peacock.
Tape Delay was common in USA sports broadcasting in the 1980s when less game were shown live. Now they are only about 30 seconds + behind for the association rules games shown in the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.