Lost Final Episode

Challenger1978 said:
without a dream said:
I stopped watching after a few episodes of series 2, did anything actually happen? ;)

I watched the lot mate and i'm fucking fuming the ending was complete cop out and a waste of 6 years of tv. The first 5 years feed us aload of bullshit centered around the island and what the island is. The last series though switched to stopping the smoke monster getting of the Island and a load of religious bullshit about the people coming together in the afterlife after the island.

Basically you did the right thing in stopping watching that shit because i wish i hadn't of bothered. They didn't even answer barley any questions even the most fundamental one of WHAT THE FUCK WAS THE ISLAND. You know the big question the one everyone wanted answering from day one.

EDIT: Even the bleeding actors want to know what the fuck the island is.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmOuLJpLeL8&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

-- Tue May 25, 2010 7:12 pm --

Is anyone else not pissed off with the Lost ending ?.

So, it was simply over ambitious then?

To tell the truth it had that written all over it in just episode one of series one for me. (I think I may have watched until episode two actually but can't remember now). I just thought it dreadful.

Ashes was simpler, although that too seemed to waver for a bit. But the writers had at least the good grace to not sell the audience short, and refused to do the US version as an ending. At least we got some real answers.The US seems to be a society that wants "everything" so maybe it catered to that.

mackenzie said:

To tell the truth it had that written all over it in just episode one of series one for me. (I think I may have watched until episode two actually but can't remember now). I just thought it dreadful.

Ashes was simpler, although that too seemed to waver for a bit. But the writers had at least the good grace to not sell the audience short, and refused to do the US version as an ending. At least we got some real answers.The US seems to be a society that wants "everything" so maybe it catered to that.

Not over ambitious at all imo... the first season, for me, was the best TV has ever been, by absolute miles. Until season 4, the series was still well on course to be as close to 'perfection' as any TV has ever been.

Then the story moved directions slighty, i think the original storyline was figured out and put online and rather than run with it, they decided to try and change the angle of the story.

The writers haven't sold the audience short here, the story still fits and you can see the connections throught out the series to realise the entire arc was already known before the first script was written.

They admitted they 'lost' their way during the middle until an end date was given, but thats how american networks operate unfortunately.

There was no way you could judge the series after the first couple of series, nevermind episodes.

GStar said:
mackenzie said:

Not over ambitious at all imo... the first season, for me, was the best TV has ever been, by absolute miles. Until season 4, the series was still well on course to be as close to 'perfection' as any TV has ever been.

Then the story moved directions slighty, i think the original storyline was figured out and put online and rather than run with it, they decided to try and change the angle of the story.

The writers haven't sold the audience short here, the story still fits and you can see the connections throught out the series to realise the entire arc was already known before the first script was written.

They admitted they 'lost' their way during the middle until an end date was given, but thats how american networks operate unfortunately.

There was no way you could judge the series after the first couple of series, nevermind episodes.

I know I can't judge the whole thing G Star, but I can judge what I saw in just the first two episodes and I thought it crap.

Compare this to the Ashes thread. That went on for a similar amount of time and yet the questions were, in the main, answered. Maybe, as you imply,the difference is this was delivered by an American network. The problem sometimes is I think, and just my humble opinion, that the Americans are not quite as strong as the Brits when it comes down to actually nailing down an actual idea that may find a backlash.

After all, there was talk on the Ashes message forums (before the final episode of Ashes was aired) that any religious undertones may not be greeted well by those who were atheists. The point is the writers stuck to their guns to deliver answers, regardless of any disharmony or suchlike in certain sections of their audience.

I guess... in a story so long and complex and of the nature of Lost, i don't think every single question was meant to be sewn up...

There were so many different ways to approach each 'mystery' that sometimes its better to leave a level of ambigouity and open interpritation.

As the finale sinks in, the more everything fits itself together and the more i like it... the show was by no means perfect and there were times during season 5 and 6 where i felt the writing had really been let down.

I never watched Ashes to Ashes so can't comment on that... The Sopranos is another comparison, some hated it, others who enjoyed putting the pieces together really loved it.

I think Lost pushed the boundries and used storytelling devices noone had ever really explored before. Already Fringe/Flash Forward/Heroes have followed in its mould... and failed, which could be testiment to how well Lost did.

Anyway i dont want to defend the show too much, its deffinately not above criticism and deffinately not to everyones taste... i think as a premise it was brilliant and it was delivered overall extremely well. Bt then again i was a fan. :)

Just watched it and loved it. The bit where Kate says to Jack "I've missed you so much" when Jack finally realises he's dead backed it all up that Kate had got off the island on that plane and lived a life back home.
Fantastic show, hard to stick with at times, but I'm going to really miss it.

mackenzie said:

Pretty much yes, the writers wrote themselves into a corner by over complicating the plot. Then to get that fluffy bunny happy ending they ignored what had happened in 5 series of the show. Then did a Jack saves the world plus they all live happily ever after in the after life.

EDIT: Lets put it this way Watching lost has been as pointless as watching Dallas during the two years when it was all a Bobby Ewing dream.

about 10% of lost fans hated the ending and 90% loved it it just said on the radio

that will do for me, well done everyone concerned, especially the writers and producers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.