Lost Final Episode

Challenger1978 said:
forevercity said:
about 10% of lost fans hated the ending and 90% loved it it just said on the radio

that will do for me, well done everyone concerned, especially the writers and producers

So what was the Island then ?

who gives a fuck? your the only person ive heard ranting on about wanting to know what the island is, i dont want to know what the island is at all to be fair!

Challenger1978 said:
mackenzie said:
So, it was simply over ambitious then?

To tell the truth it had that written all over it in just episode one of series one for me. (I think I may have watched until episode two actually but can't remember now). I just thought it dreadful.

Ashes was simpler, although that too seemed to waver for a bit. But the writers had at least the good grace to not sell the audience short, and refused to do the US version as an ending. At least we got some real answers.The US seems to be a society that wants "everything" so maybe it catered to that.

Pretty much yes, the writers wrote themselves into a corner by over complicating the plot. Then to get that fluffy bunny happy ending they ignored what had happened in 5 series of the show. Then did a Jack saves the world plus they all live happily ever after in the after life.

EDIT: Lets put it this way Watching lost has been as pointless as watching Dallas during the two years when it was all a Bobby Ewing dream
And that's what makes great TV, you're still going on about it.

Why has the thread turned into a comparison with Ashes? Lost wasn't a comedy show.

just so disappointed it got all religious

i mean christian shepard come on<br /><br />-- Wed May 26, 2010 10:37 am --<br /><br />And that's what makes great TV, you're still going on about it.

.[/quote]

similar to music going about the beatles, oasis,the smiths etc

The island was just that; an island. Yeah it had mystical and magical powers, Jacob and the MIB were trapped on it and one was there to protect it, the other to destroy it. Jacob invited candidates to protect it after he died. Thats about it for me.

In the end it wasn't about the island, it was about the people who ended up living the most important parts of their lives upon it.
The rest of the show is left for us, the viewers, to interpret it anyway we wish.

Banned Tosspot said:
Why has the thread turned into a comparison with Ashes? Lost wasn't a comedy show.

Probably because Ashes and Lost aired their final episodes within a few days of each other and people wanted to discuss the comparison of what each shows audience thought of the tie up endings. That OK with you Mr Diddums?

It isn't bloody rocket science. Unless that too was alluded to in Lost and still needs to be addressed.

mackenzie said:
Banned Tosspot said:

Probably because Ashes and Lost aired their final episodes within a few days of each other and people wanted to discuss the comparison of what each shows audience thought of the tie up endings. That OK with you Mr Diddums?

It isn't bloody rocket science. Unless that too was alluded to in Lost and still needs to be addressed.
I think Ashes was for a more older kind of viewer.

forevercity said:
Challenger1978 said:
So what was the Island then ?

who gives a fuck? your the only person ive heard ranting on about wanting to know what the island is, i dont want to know what the island is at all to be fair!

Take a look on TheFuselage.com; whatever radio station you were listening to was talking bollocks.

I'm a huge fan of Lost and personally i'd say the end was ok/satisfactory... the network pinned the writers in a corner for three seasons but then the writers had three years to explain some of the mythology and tie some of the loose ends up... They did a poor job in this respect, i'm all for a little ambiguety but theres so many plot holes and unanswered sections of the show.

Knowing we were actually looking at Jack's story, means a lot of the questions can be put to one side, but there was time to, and they should have, addressed a lot more imo.

GStar said:
forevercity said:

Take a look on TheFuselage.com; whatever radio station you were listening to was talking bollocks.

I'm a huge fan of Lost and personally i'd say the end was ok/satisfactory... the network pinned the writers in a corner for three seasons but then the writers had three years to explain some of the mythology and tie some of the loose ends up... They did a poor job in this respect, i'm all for a little ambiguety but theres so many plot holes and unanswered sections of the show.

Knowing we were actually looking at Jack's story, means a lot of the questions can be put to one side, but there was time to, and they should have, addressed a lot more imo.
Do you reckon there may be spin offs from this? Some say the Island doesn't matter but there's no way this was the original way it was going to end.

Banned Tosspot said:
mackenzie said:

I think Ashes was for a more older kind of viewer.

Not at all. If you look at the posters in that Ashes thread you can see there one or two more discerning younger posters off here that really enjoyed it.

The Lost ending sounds like it was a bit of a mixed bag from the posters on here that watched all episodes. Bit like the "Emperor's New Clothes" to me from some that really "Got it." (or pretended to), whilst the more discerning poster wasn't happy with it because they apply a bit more grey matter.

Each to their own though. Not worth a row.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.