Lost Prophets.

Blue Mist said:
The cookie monster said:
Sentenced to 35 years.

What did the perverted women get ?

14 & 17 years.
Watkins is extremely unlikely ever to be released, given that the judge stated that he is the most dangerous predatory paedophile he has ever encountered.
Cue the usual suspects clamouring for a death penalty we don't and never will have...

35 years is a fair lump but he could well be out and about while still in his 50's and interested in sex.

I'm a bit surprised that rape or attempted rape of a baby doesn't carry a life sentence to be honest.

Watkins was sentenced alongside the two women known as Woman A and Woman B who also pleaded guilty to child abuse charges.

Woman A was jailed for 14 years and Woman B was sentenced to 17 years in prison.

These two should have been sentenced to as much as Watkins was.....no matter what amount of coercion was involved they gave their children to him.

tidyman said:
35 years is a fair lump but he could well be out and about while still in his 50's and interested in sex.

I'm a bit surprised that rape or attempted rape of a baby doesn't carry a life sentence to be honest.

The term Life sentence is a bit misleading.
If you are convicted of Murder you are sentenced to 'life imprisonment' but that is just words. The judge has to tell you the maximum number of years you will serve. Without everyone moaning about Europe, under ECHR you are not allowed to give whole life terms, i.e never be released. Upon release you are placed on parole, if you break parole you can be immediately brought back to serve the remaining time. Any other serious offence whilst not being termed a 'life sentence' is just the same.

I asked what the women got because in some respects they are worse than him. A mother should have an inbuilt desire to protect her child, to allow your own flesh and blood to be abused is really perverted.

Blue Mist said:
Without everyone moaning about Europe, under ECHR you are not allowed to give whole life terms.

Is this a new ruling?

Cregan got a whole life order not so very long ago.

tidyman said:
Blue Mist said:
Without everyone moaning about Europe, under ECHR you are not allowed to give whole life terms.

Is this a new ruling?

Cregan got a whole life order not so very long ago.

Just going to check back in a mo,
I am sure they have to say how long you are in for ............

Just nicked this of the Telegraph from October 2013
"A triple killer, who slashed a pensioner’s throat when he tried to stop him robbing a neighbour, has avoided a whole life prison sentence after the judge said such a punishment was illegal under European law."

Blue Mist said:
tidyman said:

The term Life sentence is a bit misleading.
If you are convicted of Murder you are sentenced to 'life imprisonment' but that is just words. The judge has to tell you the maximum number of years you will serve. Without everyone moaning about Europe, under ECHR you are not allowed to give whole life terms, i.e never be released. Upon release you are placed on parole, if you break parole you can be immediately brought back to serve the remaining time. Any other serious offence whilst not being termed a 'life sentence' is just the same.

I asked what the women got because in some respects they are worse than him. A mother should have an inbuilt desire to protect her child, to allow your own flesh and blood to be abused is really perverted.
I presume you meant "minimum" not "maximum".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.