'LOUD-PROUD-LOYAL' banner collection

Re: 'WE ARE THE SOUTH STAND' banner collection

OABAAB said:
1.618034 said:
Good grief!

A banner to echo one of the most pathetic chants ever uttered.

The "Kippax" corner out-sing you every single game.

FTR I don't frequent, but have stood in both from time to time, either stand so I've no axe to grind, other than being a long-standing critic of the south stand atmosphere and attitude.

"We are the south stand"?

Oh please.

What next? "I am the ball-boy"?
GREAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO SOMEONE BEING PRO ACTIVE!!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU PISS ME OFF. GO AND WATCH THE RAGS AND MUNCH ON PRAWN SANDWICHES AND SING NURSERY RHYMES INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING PEOPLE FOR MAKING AN EFFORT!
They've changed it now. It's doesn't mention the south stand. And to be fair to numbers who you quoted he's right. There's no stand or part of a stand at City worth shouting or making banners about.

cant understand why you would make a banner dedicated to 1/5 of the ground.

the other 4/5ths are alienated and not likely to throw in for a banner that doesnt concern them....good luck tho

Carnt please everyone can you.

Looks like you need to update the original post as no one's reading the whole thread.

Getting away from the 'chest puffing' edge creeping into some of the sentiments.

IMO It's great that there's the enthusiastic drive in the original poster to go to the trouble of trying to organise a banner. Something very blue about it and certainly to be celebrated. However, I honestly feel that the legend 'we are the south stand' is a bit 'little england' as it celebrates what? Us having a south stand?
Well, all grounds have four quarter aspects that roughly accord with four compass points so it says nothing of note to me, and the gothic text smacks of the german military . . and most worryingly, the nazi german military.

Enthusiasm; fantastic
Banner; great idea
Font; very crap
Message; very very crap

PS. before anyone gets excited about my opinion, can you please be reminded that this subject was posted specifically to canvass comment and I've done nothing other than to comment. .

hisroyalblueness said:
Getting away from the 'chest puffing' edge creeping into some of the sentiments.

IMO It's great that there's the enthusiastic drive in the original poster to go to the trouble of trying to organise a banner. Something very blue about it and certainly to be celebrated. However, I honestly feel that the legend 'we are the south stand' is a bit 'little england' as it celebrates what? Us having a south stand?
Well, all grounds have four quarter aspects that roughly accord with four compass points so it says nothing of note to me, and the gothic text smacks of the german military . . and most worryingly, the nazi german military.

Enthusiasm; fantastic
Banner; great idea
Font; very crap
Message; very very crap

PS. before anyone gets excited about my opinion, can you please be reminded that this subject was posted specifically to canvass comment and I've done nothing other than to comment. .
I'm a member of the Blue Alliance/City Centre Blues. Although I don't actually know any of the lads involved properly, I'm sure they'd actually appreciate a post like yours. I don't think Felix would expect a full thread of adulation just because he's taken the time to do soemething and any criticisms would be taken on board. Without the criticisms nothing would ever be improved!

What makes me laugh on these threads is the people who go mad at people for sharing their thoughts if they're not in favour of the OP.

danburge82 said:
OABAAB said:
1.618034 said:
Good grief!

A banner to echo one of the most pathetic chants ever uttered.

The "Kippax" corner out-sing you every single game.

FTR I don't frequent, but have stood in both from time to time, either stand so I've no axe to grind, other than being a long-standing critic of the south stand atmosphere and attitude.

"We are the south stand"?

Oh please.

What next? "I am the ball-boy"?
GREAT POSITIVE ATTITUDE TO SOMEONE BEING PRO ACTIVE!!!!!! PEOPLE LIKE YOU PISS ME OFF. GO AND WATCH THE RAGS AND MUNCH ON PRAWN SANDWICHES AND SING NURSERY RHYMES INSTEAD OF CRITICIZING PEOPLE FOR MAKING AN EFFORT!
They've changed it now. It's doesn't mention the south stand. And to be fair to numbers who you quoted he's right. There's no stand or part of a stand at City worth shouting or making banners about.

Thank you.

So what have they changed it to...?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.