Lowest away following.

Another one I remember is Bournemouth away 87 in December could of been one of the last specials we run . Probably about 40 on the train at most . Great days for us who didn’t give a fook .

I’d say whenever Liverpool play away, it’s generally the lowest of the lowest away following of any club.

The original game for the League Cup was the Tuesday. I was on one of the 2 official supporters club coaches that turned back at Taunton when news came through the game was off. It only started pissing it down as we hit Bristol but it was torrential.

The game was played (as you said) the following day and City won 6-3. No way could I get the 2nd day off work so missed it.

However, I then had to travel back to Plymouth again on the Saturday for the League game - Brian Gayle heading in the only goal.

Incidentally, City had played away at Ipswich the previous Saturday.
Swales presented a certificate to those fans travelling on the supporters coach on all four trips.
Yes, I was at Ipswich, then three quarters of the way to Plymouth on the Tuesday, then all the way to Plymouth the following day and then back there again on the Saturday for the league game. Some travel that week...and I didn't get one of those certificates!

Another one I remember is Bournemouth away 87 in December could of been one of the last specials we run . Probably about 40 on the train at most . Great days for us who didn’t give a fook .
That was the only game I missed that season. Was well pissed off as it should have been in August, but couldn't get time off work in December :(

I recall Bournemouth away in December 88 (I had an inflatable snowman!) - went on the special and the away end was packed.
Pretty sure the 87 game was a night match (won 2-0) which is why I missed it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.