Lowest away following.

Another one I remember is Bournemouth away 87 in December could of been one of the last specials we run . Probably about 40 on the train at most . Great days for us who didn’t give a fook .

Yeah we were on the special for that. Was sat down the side next to the away end for some reason. Don’t remember it been a noticeably small turnout but I’m happy to bow to your better memory. I do seem to remember City starting a small fire in the seats for no particular reason. Which didn’t go down too well, as it wasn’t that long after Bradford.

Full members cup Hull City away 1985, 300 there at most, to be fair it was a crap competition and a night game. brought in to replace the loss of European football, wonder how that came to be. Was at the final against Chelsea at Wembley, fecked off at 5-1.

Well done to everybody your loyalty can never be doubted. Fantastic stories. Thought I had done my bit when going to Charlton away for the first game in 1963. Football special from Manchester Central to St Pancras, there was only me and my mate on it although in those days it stopped at othe football stations like Sheffield, Derby , Notts and Leicester to take their fans to respective games. How times have changed. We lost 2-1 by the way.

Went to Bournemouth away Nov 1988. Paul Moulden scored the winner. Think Kevin Bond missed a pen for them???
Stayed in a B&B with a few mates.
One of the lads booked it and said we were 'coming down for a student conference', thinking they wouldn't let football fans stay.
We dropped our things off and left the B&B for a few pints. As we went out the door the owner says "Enjoy the game lads!"
"How do you know??? we said naively.
He said, "Five lads come down from Manchester, when City are playing here, they aint going to a student conference!!!"
He was a big Villa fan and a top bloke!

Full members cup Hull City away 1985, 300 there at most, to be fair it was a crap competition and a night game. brought in to replace the loss of European football, wonder how that came to be. Was at the final against Chelsea at Wembley, fecked off at 5-1.
Meeting my mate at Hull station that day and was approached by Hull's finest asking me the time. Said nothing but pointed to my wrist showing I had no watch and moved swiftly away.

Meeting my mate at Hull station that day and was approached by Hull's finest asking me the time. Said nothing but pointed to my wrist showing I had no watch and moved swiftly away.
They were a naughty bunch in the 80’s. I went to the first game of the season one year which we lost 1-0 after hitting the bar and post about 4 times. I remember some scrapping going on in the car park before the game all around Swales car!

Well done to everybody your loyalty can never be doubted. Fantastic stories. Thought I had done my bit when going to Charlton away for the first game in 1963. Football special from Manchester Central to St Pancras, there was only me and my mate on it although in those days it stopped at othe football stations like Sheffield, Derby , Notts and Leicester to take their fans to respective games. How times have changed. We lost 2-1 by the way.
64 mate, I was at Maine road few days later our first home game of that season Wednesday night Leyton Orient won 6-0 the night our new lights we're switched on.

I just cant believe how many people remember so far back!! Similarly to someone saying they can't remember what they had for tea last night I struggle remembering the last game.Probably a good thing my lad comes with me to get me to the stadium and home.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.