Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

cleavers said:
Zubrman said:
cleavers said:
You should do, if its done the right way, but that depends on the SC in question.

So if the club require MCFC membership numbers during application, it would imply that they would be doing it the right way?
It should.
Not necessarily. I'm not certain how the system works exactly but I assume that at some point the Branch Secretary has to supply supporter numbers for the tickets allocated. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those tickets go to those supporters. So a supporter with 10,000 points might allow their number to be used but not go to games. But that's no different from someone buying a ticket privately then selling it on.

Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
Zubrman said:
So if the club require MCFC membership numbers during application, it would imply that they would be doing it the right way?
It should.
Not necessarily. I'm not certain how the system works exactly but I assume that at some point the Branch Secretary has to supply supporter numbers for the tickets allocated. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those tickets go to those supporters. So a supporter with 10,000 points might allow their number to be used but not go to games. But that's no different from someone buying a ticket privately then selling it on.

I could imagine that scenario if the supporters club were 'doing a favour' for a non-member, but otherwise everyone should get their appropriate points, no?

Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
Zubrman said:
It should.

The way it works is this:

The club has a website which the branch logs on to. On this website, you have all of your branch members names and supporters numbers saved to this online database.

Using the example of the coming fixture list:

The club will email the branch with dates they must submit there members names by. So on the first email, my guess will be Newcastle 18th July, Arsenal 10th August (they do it in small groups of games).

The branch will submit from the database the names who have applied for Newcastle. Let's say that your branch had 30 members apply for Newcastle.

Within about 3 or 4 days, the OSC will know the amount of tickets they have received from the club.

It's then down to the OSC how these tickets are distributed. I suspect there's a bit of favouritism involved in this, but for arguments sake, let's say that all branches get 70% of what they applied for.

The OSC will then email the branch telling you that you've been given 21 tickets from your 30.

It is down to the branch who gets the tickets. When I was with my branch, we did it down to who the people running the branch thought should get them. Nothing to do with loyalty points. REPEAT - NOTHING TO DO WITH LOYALTY POINTS. Not that this ever happened, but if some attractive lady was dead keen to go to united away, I could easily get her a ticket because I'd could apply with a members number and chose her over Barold McWhathisface with 9,580 points.

I did the branch allocations for three seasons, and although I definitely sorted out a lot of my mates with tickets for big games over the years, I still feel like having this doesn't fit in with "loyalty points" for everyone else.

If you are really that desperate to get around the present points system or just want tickets for every game just get none of your mates to chip in and get a box for the season: Job done away tickets sorted

liamctid said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
It should.

The club has a website which the branch logs on to. On this website, you have all of your branch members names and supporters numbers saved to this online database.

The club will email the branch with dates they must submit there members names by. So on the first email, my guess will be Newcastle 18th July, Arsenal 10th August (they do it in small groups of games).

The branch will submit from the database the names who have applied for Newcastle. Let's say that your branch had 30 members apply for Newcastle.

Within about 3 or 4 days, the OSC will know the amount of tickets they have received from the club.

It's then down to the OSC how these tickets are distributed. I suspect there's a bit of favouritism involved in this, but for arguments sake, let's say that all branches get 70% of what they applied for.

The OSC will then email the branch telling you that you've been given 21 tickets from your 30.

It is down to the branch who gets the tickets. When I was with my branch, we did it down to who the people running the branch thought should get them. Nothing to do with loyalty points. REPEAT - NOTHING TO DO WITH LOYALTY POINTS. Not that this ever happened, but if some attractive lady was dead keen to go to united away, I could easily get her a ticket because I'd could apply with a members number and chose her over Barold McWhathisface with 9,580 points.

I did the branch allocations for three seasons, and although I definitely sorted out a lot of my mates with tickets for big games over the years, I still feel like having this doesn't fit in with "loyalty points" for everyone else.
Thanks. That's more or less how I thought it works but the key question is which 21 get the points? Do they just get allocated to the 21 numbers with the highest points?

I have no problem with the system as it is last year I had 7400pts and could not get tickets to all the games I wanted to
but what pissed me off was the people getting tickets from friends in the ticket office.

liamctid said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
cleavers said:
It should.

Is there not a disadvantage for those in the branch then who have there card used but don't get a ticket from the branch, or can those that miss out on branch tickets then apply themselves through the club in the normal manner when it gets to there points criteria ??

blingy said:
liamctid said:
Prestwich_Blue said:

Is there not a disadvantage for those in the branch then who have there card used but don't get a ticket from the branch, or can those that miss out on branch tickets then apply themselves through the club in the normal manner when it gets to there points criteria ??

Yes !

This one should suit all the ones that are jumping on the bandwagon.Lets go back to cutting tokens from the programmes,sticking them on a sheet from ticket office,form a massive queue outside the ground and do it the night before in the lovely rainy weather.Dont think there will be many takers.OOPs sorry,i been there,have you the OP?

Ding Dong said:
blingy said:
liamctid said:

Yes !

So in affect the branch uses tickets with points on to obtain tickets for there branch, then those tickets can be given to anyone, then owner of said tickets can used it again to get themselves a ticket should they not get one from the branch even though there ticket has been submitted by the branch to get a branch allocation !!!
Very confusing and have been given many different versions when asked about it b4, puts me off joining a branch...

Know I may sound dumb but just for clarification ,
if I joined a branch would I have to declare my ticket ?
( i have a good few points on it ) the branch would then use my ticket to obtain tickets for the branch and give them to whomever they seen fit, (posable not me,)?
would I still be able to use my ticket again to get a ticket even though the branch has used my ticket to get there allocation ?
No it's the same question as above but just want to clarify as I wouldn't want to joins a branch, have them use my ticket then give it to someone else leaving me unable to use when it gets to my criteria

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.