Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

Petrovs left peg said:
Having read the OP and glanced through some of the responses I am not sure why more don't agree with GX's idea.

It is almost like the CL pot coefficient seeding's (which many arguing against GX are totally against on other threads) - as it maintains the Status Quo! (YEs we have a fucking Ticket Cartel as well!!!)

A longer period is suggested by GX of ten years. It seems totally fair and in the interest of younger fans.

The current system has worked so far because we are only a decade into it. In ten years time a young lad would start with Zero and some people may be on 25,000 points - If the "25,000 pointer" stops going for 15 years he will probably still have more points than someone who has attended every game for the last 15 years.

The point is that the older this scheme gets the "less fair" it has the POSSIBILITY to become. A rolling scheme over ten years will keep the most loyal at the top if they are still going.

The solution will be for the club to start upping the amount of points per game / season ticket etc. e.g 1000 per cup scheme and 100 per game rather than adjust the system as it is. That way the "inactive high pointers" will get caught in a fairer amount of time rather than after 20 years of inactivity.

This is the way to go and shouldn't get lost in a thread of a number of ideas. The only change to this IMO would be a rolling scheme over 5 years rather than 10

I think its as fair as can be.i can't see city ever changing from points to a rolling system.it would cause so much trouble that I don't think city would contemplate such action.the only thing that I think wants looking at is the point pimping that is definatley going on.alot of people at the top may go to most games,but whenever they don't go they are still buying and selling on.i was in the golden cup for the fa cup game at Blackburn where I overheard some lad say to another lad that he'd bought a few away tickets that he didnt go to that he couldn't sell on so he'd wasted his money but at least he got the points.this is one of the main reasons people won't catch up and IMO its point pimping or whoring whatever its called

For those with low points wanting a change, get yourselves to Dundee & Wembley for the community shield, 80 points for the taking before the season gets going! ;)

Scotty76 said:
For those with low points wanting a change, get yourselves to Dundee & Wembley for the community shield, 80 points for the taking before the season gets going! ;)

will be working for Dundee but will be doing Wembley.

de niro said:
Scotty76 said:

will be working for Dundee but will be doing Wembley.

Both should be good trips, no pressure games & a good booze!

I have a question.

If you are a member of an official Supporters Club and order a ticket, do you get the loyalty points added to your card?

cleavers said:
Zubrman said:
I have a question.

If you are a member of an official Supporters Club and order a ticket, do you get the loyalty points added to your card?
You should do, if its done the right way, but that depends on the SC in question.

So if the club require MCFC membership numbers during application, it would imply that they would be doing it the right way?

Zubrman said:
cleavers said:
Zubrman said:
I have a question.

You should do, if its done the right way, but that depends on the SC in question.

So if the club require MCFC membership numbers during application, it would imply that they would be doing it the right way?
It should.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.