Loyalty Points - Time For Change?

the only thing that needs to be done with the current system is ensuring the owner of the tickets is actually the person who attends the game

If not all the arguments about loyalty and doing the hard miles go out of the window and if this is done the people with lower points have no grounds for complaints

this is a big problem though. The club must act soon to stop the people with high points just buying tickets that they don't use but maintain their points advantage so they can cherry pick a few aways a season

whp.blue said:
the only thing that needs to be done with the current system is ensuring the owner of the tickets is actually the person who attends the game

If not all the arguments about loyalty and doing the hard miles go out of the window and if this is done the people with lower points have no grounds for complaints

this is a big problem though. The club must act soon to stop the people with high points just buying tickets that they don't use but maintain their points advantage so they can cherry pick a few aways a season

The only way that can be done would be with fingerprint entrance to all games the techknowledgey is there but will clubs ever do it?

waspish said:
whp.blue said:

The only way that can be done would be with fingerprint entrance to all games the techknowledgey is there but will clubs ever do it?

Fingerprint technology could be used on the ticket rather then having every club in the country needing to use it, a system where the bar code or what ever would not activate unless the correct thumb was on the ticket similar to the smart phone, individual clubs could then do it, without other clubs having the expense of having to install thease systems

I've said before in previous similar threads the situation my mate has with his supporters branch

He has had a season ticket for years and is up there with the highest point brigade and yet he hasn't been a regular for the last two seasons

Basically the supporters club use his supporters number to gain an extra ticket for the branch, which ends up in someone elses hands, but my mate gets the points for the fixture

He has sold his season ticket to his cousin for the last three seasons and yet his points total keeps increasing year on year. He still gets first dibs when it comes to Liverpool away, United away, European away games etc but very rarely takes up the offer

So despite him being a mate of mine it shows another situation where someone from a branch is getting a ticket that they probably haven't qualified for in their own right, purely because my mates card is being used to gain another ticket for the branch

Anyone else know if this type of thing goes on elsewhere?

Prestwich_Blue said:
liamctid said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Not necessarily. I'm not certain how the system works exactly but I assume that at some point the Branch Secretary has to supply supporter numbers for the tickets allocated. But that doesn't necessarily mean that those tickets go to those supporters. So a supporter with 10,000 points might allow their number to be used but not go to games. But that's no different from someone buying a ticket privately then selling it on.

The way it works is this:

The club has a website which the branch logs on to. On this website, you have all of your branch members names and supporters numbers saved to this online database.

Using the example of the coming fixture list:

The club will email the branch with dates they must submit there members names by. So on the first email, my guess will be Newcastle 18th July, Arsenal 10th August (they do it in small groups of games).

The branch will submit from the database the names who have applied for Newcastle. Let's say that your branch had 30 members apply for Newcastle.

Within about 3 or 4 days, the OSC will know the amount of tickets they have received from the club.

It's then down to the OSC how these tickets are distributed. I suspect there's a bit of favouritism involved in this, but for arguments sake, let's say that all branches get 70% of what they applied for.

The OSC will then email the branch telling you that you've been given 21 tickets from your 30.

It is down to the branch who gets the tickets. When I was with my branch, we did it down to who the people running the branch thought should get them. Nothing to do with loyalty points. REPEAT - NOTHING TO DO WITH LOYALTY POINTS. Not that this ever happened, but if some attractive lady was dead keen to go to united away, I could easily get her a ticket because I'd could apply with a members number and chose her over Barold McWhathisface with 9,580 points.

I did the branch allocations for three seasons, and although I definitely sorted out a lot of my mates with tickets for big games over the years, I still feel like having this doesn't fit in with "loyalty points" for everyone else.
Thanks. That's more or less how I thought it works but the key question is which 21 get the points? Do they just get allocated to the 21 numbers with the highest points?

Nope, completely down to the branch who gets them.

There was a plenty of times where we would have to submit our revised list before tickets had gone on sale. I would put myself down in the initial application, but as I can generally buy my tickets on first day of sale for any game, I would have to give my place to people who would be less likely to get a ticket for X game. So I would then have to get my ticket through the usual route. If you go to City all the time, you tend to be able to judge when tickets are going to sell out. Newcastle will start at 14k, and probably sell out at 10-9k. So if it was me doing the application I'd tell anyone with 10k+ points to get there own and give the ones with less the tickets.

blingy said:
waspish said:
whp.blue said:

Fingerprint technology could be used on the ticket rather then having every club in the country needing to use it, a system where the bar code or what ever would not activate unless the correct thumb was on the ticket similar to the smart phone, individual clubs could then do it, without other clubs having the expense of having to install thease systems

you could easily put names on tickets
What is wrong with a picture on your Season ticket / membership card and you would have to produce this at the turnstile to tie in with the name on the ticket
if you were found abusing the system the club could just zero your points and problem solved

no one would take the risk of dropping to the bottom of the list for tickets easily done and problem solved

whp.blue said:
blingy said:
waspish said:

you could easily put names on tickets
What is wrong with a picture on your Season ticket / membership card and you would have to produce this at the turnstile to tie in with the name on the ticket
if you were found abusing the system the club could just zero your points and problem solved

no one would take the risk of dropping to the bottom of the list for tickets easily done and problem solved

So if you can't attend a game and you pass it onto someone else how would that work?

I thought it was a great idea by the club to award an extra 3,000 loyalty points for those who paid for a Platinum season card upfront, rather than by Direct Debit.

Manc in London said:
I thought it was a great idea by the club to award an extra 3,000 loyalty points for those who paid for a Platinum season card upfront, rather than by Direct Debit.

eh?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.