Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

Wouldn't surprise me if he did. I bet he stands on the side-lines listening to deafening silence from the crowd and wonders where he is. Add to that the CL anthem booing, mass exoduses on 80mins, etc., etc.

It's probably the complete opposite to what he's previously experienced. He's probably not used to having to attempt to get the crowd going (to no avail) and asking fans to do their bit.

Not sure what the equivalent game for Barca would be compared to City v Watford or Burnley, but I dont think the atmosphere would be electric.

I would hope that, after taking a deep breath and counting to 10, no city fan would get upset by this regardless if it's true or not.

Let's all move along and focus our energy on something constructive like improving the atmosphere in the ground.

So we are not European elite. Nothing new since my 40 years of supporting this club.
So were are the Villarreal or whatever club to point out we are not a big club in England. Again nothing new, other than we were not the biggest but we are seen as a big club in England.
So we need another 10 years to be bigger than the scum. I don't care how long it'll take us as long as we beat them and finish above them. And we have been doing that for quite a few years now. Long may it continue.
So Pep probably stays 3 or 4 years or even walk away before this. Pity and we move on. I've seen managers come and go more often than I see my wife. And she is still there, so is the club. And both looking the best ever since I fell in love with them.
Can I suggest you spend more time with your wife? She might be feeling a bit unloved if she only sees you once every 2 or 3 years?

I just read the comments. My take on it, partly bad translation and partly City fans getting their knickers in a twist. In European terms we aren't a big club and pep has managed both Barca and Bayern who are in a different league to us so what the guy says is pretty true.

When cruyff took over Barca they weren't a particularly big club either. Times change things. Chelsea weren't a big club until recently (they still aren't in my eyes but are more known in Europe).

I just wish we could turn all this negativity into support for the team on machdays. Would be much more productive than moaning about every little thing said or printed.

Pretty much. Much ado about nada

its starting to get my goat up Manchester city have never been a small club just a big club run badly for 30 odd years so can this crap talk about needing time to find us feet its rubbish

nobody said that about united before the league changed to the premier league in 1992 united was 20 odd years behind liverpool and europe. even manchester city was the last manchester club to be league champions so the truth is just not what they say about little old manchester city with no history in england and europe

if people at the club i love want us to start to get (the fans) behind the club and back the team and the manager and sing us home can the club start to defend itself and stand up to the media and the system. why do we crumble when talking about city its a BIG BIG CLUB with great fans and proud history and many great players

this is what needed it manchester city a back bone to stand up and say no more crap

It's a generation thing, when I was a young kid, Liverpool we're dominant, then utd took over. if we keep being successful, all the kids growing up now will all see us as a big successful team for the rest if their lives, whether they support us or not

Best way to meet the challenge is to sign better players than your rivals, or their best players in the position we need to strengthen. We've more cash than them so let's try it. No more mincing around in fucking Portugal, buy who is proven in our league or Spain or Germany. Fucking crush the Chelsea and rag bastards.

More cash than who?

More cash than who?

fTTBLia.gif

;)

(any excuse to use this gif)

Nothing new except that he hadnt said it before.... He's been calling it respect, and that is probably the right word for it.... Before we go onto the pitch teams need to fear us, and at the moment, despite the players we have, we are not there. We used to have it but we blew it (With Pellers reign)

I do believe he sees this as a chance to break up the elite, the elite who maintain a grip on the top of respective league tables across Europe because of money and media bias. I just hope the fans can stay supportive until we get there.

Mancinis team had the fear factor. Even in the tunnel we dwarfed almost every other team at that time. Sadly no longer the case, a few physical specimans but for the most part we are lightweight and get bullied too easily. Need to get back our power and turn aggressor. As for peps comments, not really arsed. City will be here long after hes gone. Rather never become a "big club" if the rags and dippers are anything to go by. ****s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.