Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

It's a generation thing, when I was a young kid, Liverpool we're dominant, then utd took over. if we keep being successful, all the kids growing up now will all see us as a big successful team for the rest if their lives, whether they support us or not

but its been 6 years now 2 titles 1 fa cup 2 league cups and champions league football in 5 seasons on the bop so i don't get what people are saying
from 1992 to 1999 seven seasons united took to win the champions league but from 1992 back to the 60s united was not in the champions league yes uefa cup and cup winners but thats another level

ask yourself would mancini in 5 seasons got manchester city to just a semi final i think the gamble to sack him put this club back to square one in europe and ok we did get hurt in the first couple of seasons in the champions league but that's was down to seeding in the groups and weak squad that needed building and backing the manager

it really does get my goat up and why is the pinnacle seen to be united they and fergie only won 2 champions league in all the time and money spent so to liverpool won it not to long agoand they never won the premier league so you know what its nothing to do with football and shows how bent uefa is and why bring in FFPR other than to stop a club from winning it

come on people are we that blind to see it TIME TO STAND UP AND SAY IT MANCHESTER CITY ARE BEING STOPPED FROM BUILDING A LEGACY plain to see it and somebody needs to challenge the system and kick over that piss pot that the others have used for far to long. the club are very weak in the media and i don't know why stand up to them and you will see them crack

I couldn't give two hoots if we were the biggest club in the world or the size of Dulwich Hamlet FC. The only people who care about this entirely meaningless and subjective concept are rags and dippers, as it gives them a warm fuzzy to imagine that they're the biggestest and most importantest club in the world. For most of them the team they support is only a de facto penis extension anyway, as befits the bunch of twats and social misfits that they unquestionably are

I couldn't give two hoots if we were the biggest club in the world or the size of Dulwich Hamlet FC. The only people who care about this entirely meaningless and subjective concept are rags and dippers, as it gives them a warm fuzzy to imagine that they're the biggestest and most importantest club in the world. For most of them the team they support is only a de facto penis extension anyway, as befits the bunch of twats and social misfits that they unquestionably are

but why do we feel we have to keep it in MANCHESTER CITY are a great club with bags and bags of history and not this little old club with money
time to stand up in what is right and sing to the high tops in the hills they will have listen if you sing loud and long enough it just needs somebody to be the figurehead

its starting to get my goat up Manchester city have never been a small club just a big club run badly for 30 odd years so can this crap talk about needing time to find us feet its rubbish

nobody said that about united before the league changed to the premier league in 1992 united was 20 odd years behind liverpool and europe. even manchester city was the last manchester club to be league champions so the truth is just not what they say about little old manchester city with no history in england and europe

if people at the club i love want us to start to get (the fans) behind the club and back the team and the manager and sing us home can the club start to defend itself and stand up to the media and the system. why do we crumble when talking about city its a BIG BIG CLUB with great fans and proud history and many great players

this is what needed it manchester city a back bone to stand up and say no more crap
I'm quite riled about a comment in the media. Apparently it's come from Pep's mouth.

'He see's City as a second rate club in England, similar to Villareal in Spain'.

We are in no way comparable to Villareal. We never have been and never will be, I can't fathom the justification behind it. Last season they averaged just over 17,000 fans a game. We got over 35,000 MORE than that. We come from a big industrial City (which Villareal is not - it's a small fishing port) which we share with the most successful club in England. We've always been a cup side and have won numerous trophies (even before our late resurgence) whereas they have never won anything. I genuinely can't understand that comparison at all.

Now if you want to discuss how big a club is, there are only two things you need to look at. Firstly I'd argue trophies. In the entire history of English football we're 8th (out of hundreds). If you look at the most successful teams over the last decade (which is more relevant to how big a club currently is) we're third - ahead of the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal, Everton, Villa.

Now the next thing, and most importantly (IMO) is attendances. Our average attendance last season was higher than the following clubs: Rangers, Celtic, Liverpool, Inter Milan, PSG, Athletico Madrid, Benfica, Feyernord, AJAX, Newcastle, Monchengladbach, Hamburg, Juventus and AC Milan. We're the 8th best supported club in Europe. We hold the highest attendance away from Wembley in England and have done so for 80+ years. When we were in division three we averaged 28,261 fans. That was more then the following clubs (who played in the top division): Sheffield Wednesday, West Ham, Blackburn Rovers, Nottingham Forrest and Southampton. You could argue the number of travelling fans held us back from averaging over 30,000 fans that year too.

We are a big club. The only clubs in England that can argue to be much bigger than us are Arsenal/Liverpool/Rags. That's the be all and end all. I can understand that we're not as big as Barca or Bayern, but don't ridicule us and put us in the same bracket as a club that can't average more than 20,000.

Why do people even care!? What matters is the next game and our positions at the end on the current season. you're as good as your last match!!!

its starting to get my goat up Manchester city have never been a small club just a big club run badly for 30 odd years so can this crap talk about needing time to find us feet its rubbish

nobody said that about united before the league changed to the premier league in 1992 united was 20 odd years behind liverpool and europe. even manchester city was the last manchester club to be league champions so the truth is just not what they say about little old manchester city with no history in england and europe

if people at the club i love want us to start to get (the fans) behind the club and back the team and the manager and sing us home can the club start to defend itself and stand up to the media and the system. why do we crumble when talking about city its a BIG BIG CLUB with great fans and proud history and many great players

this is what needed it manchester city a back bone to stand up and say no more crap

They want to get your goat up. What matters is the next match, and how this season goes. The rest doesn't matter

I hear so many rags saying 'we're s big club' and in like do what? Does that make playing on a thurs night any more bearable for you!?

City are and always have been 'massive' mate; )

Awaits another ban for being a "rag" imposter and mentioning massive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.