Lu Martin: Allegedly Guardiola sees City as "small club"

Let's not forget it has only been 8 years since the takeover. In that time we have won 5 major trophies. Semi final of the champions league also.

It still in its infancy for me. It was never going to be overnight or continuous success.

Football is not like that
I agree totally with it only being a short period of time but everyone knows you can't stand still and we should have built on our early success by strengthening year on year especially the areas that have been our glaring weakness i.e. Fullbacks

its starting to get my goat up Manchester city have never been a small club just a big club run badly for 30 odd years so can this crap talk about needing time to find us feet its rubbish

nobody said that about united before the league changed to the premier league in 1992 united was 20 odd years behind liverpool and europe. even manchester city was the last manchester club to be league champions so the truth is just not what they say about little old manchester city with no history in england and europe

if people at the club i love want us to start to get (the fans) behind the club and back the team and the manager and sing us home can the club start to defend itself and stand up to the media and the system. why do we crumble when talking about city its a BIG BIG CLUB with great fans and proud history and many great players

this is what needed it manchester city a back bone to stand up and say no more crap
Well said.

Sick of the rubbish flying around about us of late.

My first post by the way, hello everyone.

i find it laughable but bloody annoying.

liverpools history is basically the success of the 60's, 70's and 80's. the hillsborough disaster in the 90's. and the miracle of instanbul in the 00's.
uniteds is their first european cup, the munich disaster, and their 13 premier leagues.
our history is basically being shit for 90 years, bringing a banana into a stadium, conceeding THAT ricky villa goal in the fa cup, getting relegated to the 3rd tier, being reformed in 2008, empty seats, and winning stuff from oil money and our owners are dictators who treat women like slaves.

i honestly think most fans only count history from the 1960's, anything prior to that never existed.

So the fact we won the fa cup before united and around 60 years before liverpool ever did is just a myth and didnt really happen.

A lot of it is down to reporting and how the team is portrayed in the media.

Spurs have not won the league sine 1961. They are portrayed very differently. I think it's because we happen to be Man Utd's rival, (not their only one but a significant one), and we've also tweaked the nose of Arsenal, Liverpool etc and that presents two problems:

1) A lot of their supporters are in the media
2) The media knows who their readers are and tailors the'r reports accordingly.

It's quite convenient for them if their Manchester City correspondent happens to be a Man Utd fan, or an Arsenal fan.

I was reading the match-report of Spurs v Chelsea in the Guardian and it struck me that I would never read a report like that in the Guardian about City. I prefer my reporting to be more objective, to point out the shortcomings and question marks against a team even when it does well, but the reporting of City will not change. it will always be influenced by our opposition to Man Utd.

Once we were laughed at, now we are despised, but that can work for us if we create a siege mentality. I think it does influence referees and the footballing authorities though (they do what MOTD pundits and reporters tell them - show Aguero's elbow 200 times a day and you'll be forced to ban him - don't show Ibra's and no action taken).

I agree totally with it only being a short period of time but everyone knows you can't stand still and we should have built on our early success by strengthening year on year especially the areas that have been our glaring weakness i.e. Fullbacks
FFP was our biggest set-back to our earlier successes, it prevented us from getting to the next level which we are still trying to reach.

We will get there though no doubt, everything is in place.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.