Lucas Moura

sam-caddick said:
Not many will like this statement but I bet we go in for Nani if United get Moura.

He fits everything Mancini needs/wants - fast, tricky winger with a great cross, who can get you a shed load of assists and at least 10 goals a season in all competitions, and perfect for Edin.

I just see it happenening. Still relatively young as well.

Nani would be a fantastic signing for us but as said it's improbable that they would sell to us unless they really are desperate.

Why don't we just go for Lucas?? It would be a signing that surely the club would be looking to do as for his age and talent would be a long term investment!

Cant be arsed reading through all of this thread but the Fail is reporting that he's having a medical at the rags today. Done deal at 30m.

Not sure I'm convinced but even if it does happen I find it a bizarre choice of signing. Rags are fully stocked with wingers and 'attacking midfielders' so dont actually need this kid. It also leaves them still without a 'general' in midfield and a proper left back. Unless they plan on spending further I still see them as weaker than us.

Further, 30m is a huge fee, especially for an unproven kid. Very un-fergie indeed.

On another note if they do sign him (or anyone) for 30m - isn't that 'out of order' these days? Surely 'buying success' is frowned upon (and 'unfair') these days? ;)

pudge said:
Your comment that led to my response was rather arrogant, when you indicated they we had not seen him play and were judging him solely on his Olympic performances. True?
On the contrary, my comments did not indicate others haven't seen him elsewhere. My comment simply hinted at my reasoning (i.e. He plays for a passing team like ours and did well) and also sort of challenged the prevailing ideas from the Sinclair thread ( where the general opinion was that of being underwhelmed for being linked to someone who was stinking up the joint at the Olympics). Hence why I made the comparison to Messi's performance for club v. Country at a tourney.
Also, I don't recall "challenging" you? You said Sinclair would strengthen/improve our squad, I asked why is that (Which is trying to discuss something, so there's something else you have gotten wrong)
By challenging my opinion, I am not speaking specifically about this thread, but generally it seems to be your calling card. Whether that challenge then comes in a form of a question (like here) or an insult (like you suggesting I should go get a life for knowing what you deem are stats only folks who don't have a life would know) or even insulting me in absentia (I.e on the Vertonghen Signing for Spurs thread. One in which I didn't make a comment on, but you were too happy to bring me in without prompting. By suggesting you hoped I'd fuck off and go support Totenham, now that they have signed one of my hopefuls.) This on a thread I didn't comment on, in a 2 week period in which I wasn't even here. And was apparently taking your advice of getting a life and chilling in Cancun and checking out Haiti.

And I only recall seeing a post saying how RVP/Agger/DDR would improve us, I have only witnessed with my own eyes, YOU saying Sinclair would improve us, and even then I attempted to open a discussion with you on it, you ignored the post and instead "attacked" me first.
I admit to sometimes ignoring you. But that is often because you dont strike me as being in it for the discussion. But I answered your question in this thread, by responding to the post that agreed with your question. I was in essense responding to the question asked and the post that agreed with it. And I didn't really attack you. I was just poking fun at you and your general stance towards my comments.

I have no idea were this 'personal vendetta I have against you' theory has come from, but you clearly brought this argument upon yourself.
It comes from our history Pudge. Ever since that discussion on the game thread, our history has become a running commentary of you challenging things I say, insulting me even on threads I have not commented in, and accusing me of lacking a life. Surely, any fair minded poster person would conclude, a bit of a vendetta there.

And that you you read arrogance and the worst possible reason into my initial response, further supports the suggestion that a vendetta does exist. But that you don't think it does is not surprising though. Seeing as you disagree with me on everything. It is only appropriate that you do on this too.

Dax777 said:
pudge said:
Your comment that led to my response was rather arrogant, when you indicated they we had not seen him play and were judging him solely on his Olympic performances. True?
On the contrary, my comments did not indicate others haven't seen him elsewhere. My comment simply hinted at my reasoning (i.e. He plays for a passing team like ours and did well) and also sort of challenged the prevailing ideas from the Sinclair thread ( where the general opinion was that of being underwhelmed for being linked to someone who was stinking up the joint at the Olympics). Hence why I made the comparison to Messi's performance for club v. Country at a tourney.
Also, I don't recall "challenging" you? You said Sinclair would strengthen/improve our squad, I asked why is that (Which is trying to discuss something, so there's something else you have gotten wrong)
By challenging my opinion, I am not speaking specifically about this thread, but generally it seems to be your calling card. Whether that challenge then comes in a form of a question (like here) or an insult (like you suggesting I should go get a life for knowing what you deem are stats only folks who don't have a life would know) or even insulting me in absentia (I.e on the Vertonghen Signing for Spurs thread. One in which I didn't make a comment on, but you were too happy to bring me in without prompting. By suggesting you hoped I'd fuck off and go support Totenham, now that they have signed one of my hopefuls.) This on a thread I didn't comment on, in a 2 week period in which I wasn't even here. And was apparently taking your advice of getting a life and chilling in Cancun and checking out Haiti.

And I only recall seeing a post saying how RVP/Agger/DDR would improve us, I have only witnessed with my own eyes, YOU saying Sinclair would improve us, and even then I attempted to open a discussion with you on it, you ignored the post and instead "attacked" me first.
I admit to sometimes ignoring you. But that is often because you dont strike me as being in it for the discussion. But I answered your question in this thread, by responding to the post that agreed with your question. I was in essense responding to the question asked and the post that agreed with it. And I didn't really attack you. I was just poking fun at you and your general stance towards my comments.

I have no idea were this 'personal vendetta I have against you' theory has come from, but you clearly brought this argument upon yourself.
It comes from our history Pudge. Ever since that discussion on the game thread, our history has become a running commentary of you challenging things I say, insulting me even on threads I have not commented in, and accusing me of lacking a life. Surely, any fair minded poster person would conclude, a bit of a vendetta there.

And that you you read arrogance and the worst possible reason into my initial response, further supports the suggestion that a vendetta does exist. But that you don't think it does is not surprising though. Seeing as you disagree with me on everything. It is only appropriate that you do on this too.

You fellas do know the 'PM' function exists yeah?...........

Yeah, I read about half of that.

I remember the Vertonghen thread, and when he eventually signed for Spurs I believe my comment was "Don't tell Dax" hardly a "Fuck off Dax, go support Spurs" is it?

And once again, I didn't "challenge" you, I was attempting to open a debate and you have turned it into this?

And pray tell ALL these things I disagree with you on, just for the sake of it being you, because I'm struggling here.

But as Stoned Rose has said, leave it in my inbox, I don't want to derail the tread any more with your obvious hurt feelings.

richards30 said:
Why don't we just go for Lucas?? It would be a signing that surely the club would be looking to do as for his age and talent would be a long term investment!

Sounds good to me but price needs to be below £30m

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.