Lucas Moura

There has been talk for months that Nani would be leaving the rags, I assume this is where Moura fits in.
Personally I think Nani is unreliable and inconsistent. Although I acknowledge some respected BM posters would welcome him here!
I hope there are not plans to bring him to us but it would not surprise me. I hope he goes to Real Madrid.

Stoned Rose said:
Cant be arsed reading through all of this thread but the Fail is reporting that he's having a medical at the rags today. Done deal at 30m.

Not sure I'm convinced but even if it does happen I find it a bizarre choice of signing. Rags are fully stocked with wingers and 'attacking midfielders' so dont actually need this kid. It also leaves them still without a 'general' in midfield and a proper left back. Unless they plan on spending further I still see them as weaker than us.

Further, 30m is a huge fee, especially for an unproven kid. Very un-fergie indeed.

On another note if they do sign him (or anyone) for 30m - isn't that 'out of order' these days? Surely 'buying success' is frowned upon (and 'unfair') these days? ;)

United had wingers when they signed Ronaldo. Some signings are done for the potential of greatness. If this guy reaches his peak, his posititon will be irrelevant. His influence will be all encompassing. This signing is not about position. It is about potential. You don't decide to not buy a potential best player in the world, simply because you currently have a glut in the perceived position he plays. Not to mention, Moura actual position is not set in stone. He plays wide now, but his potential suggests he can become a superstar. And that is not a position.

And furthermore, United is not stocked at attacking midfielders. They have Kagawa, Zidane Cleverly and that's it. Adding Moura to that mix, makes them dynamic. We have Nasri, Silva and Adam Johnson. Yet we tried to get Hazzard. Did you think we were overstacked then?

Dax777 said:
Stoned Rose said:
Cant be arsed reading through all of this thread but the Fail is reporting that he's having a medical at the rags today. Done deal at 30m.

Not sure I'm convinced but even if it does happen I find it a bizarre choice of signing. Rags are fully stocked with wingers and 'attacking midfielders' so dont actually need this kid. It also leaves them still without a 'general' in midfield and a proper left back. Unless they plan on spending further I still see them as weaker than us.

Further, 30m is a huge fee, especially for an unproven kid. Very un-fergie indeed.

On another note if they do sign him (or anyone) for 30m - isn't that 'out of order' these days? Surely 'buying success' is frowned upon (and 'unfair') these days? ;)

United had wingers when they signed Ronaldo. Some signings are done for the potential of greatness. If this guy reaches his peak, his posititon will be irrelevant. His influence will be all encompassing. This signing is not about position. It is about potential. You don't decide to not buy a potential best player in the world, simply because you currently have a glut in the perceived position he plays. Not to mention, Moura actual position is not set in stone. He plays wide now, but his potential suggests he can become a superstar. And that is not a position.

And furthermore, United is not stocked at attacking midfielders. They have Kagawa, Zidane Cleverly and that's it. Adding Moura to that mix, makes them dynamic. We have Nasri, Silva and Adam Johnson. Yet we tried to get Hazzard. Did you think we were overstacked then?

ifs&buts_logo_small.jpg

pudge said:
Yeah, I read about half of that.

I remember the Vertonghen thread, and when he eventually signed for Spurs I believe my comment was "Don't tell Dax" hardly a "Fuck off Dax, go support Spurs" is it?

And once again, I didn't "challenge" you, I was attempting to open a debate and you have turned it into this?

And pray tell ALL these things I disagree with you on, just for the sake of it being you, because I'm struggling here.

But as Stoned Rose has said, leave it in my inbox, I don't want to derail the tread any more with your obvious hurt feelings.
My sincere apologies Pudge. I seemed to have confused you with Seosa. My other nemesis. For that I apologize.

The Fail surpasses itself...........

The Mail on Sunday today claimed that Sir Alex Ferguson had remained in England while his squad traveled to Norway for a pre-season friendly so that he could tie up a deal for the 19-year-old.

However, despite suggestions that the Red Devils are closing in on a £30m move for the Brazilian, the CBF have insisted they have not released the player in an official statement.

"Unlike the Daily Mail report published in this Sunday's edition, with the title 'United to splash £50m on Brazil's Moura and RVP', it it not true that the player Lucas is undergoing medical exams this Sunday at Manchester," the statement reads.

"The Selecao directors haven't received any requests from the English club regarding this matter. And even if it does, it will not allow him to leave the Brazil camp to do so."

The Sao Paulo midfielder has helped Brazil reach the semi-final stage of the London 2012 competition, where they will face South Korea on Tuesday.

Lucas has netted 26 goals for Sao Paulo from his 104 appearances for the club, and has also 15 senior international caps to his name.

epic_fail.jpg

Am I the only one not arsed whether they sign him or not ?

He doesn't even start for Brasil in the Olympics and will have a massive shock coming from a south american league straight to the premier league.

He also looks very lightweight.

Vincent said:

He doesn't even start for Brasil in the Olympics and will have a massive shock coming from a south american league straight to the premier league.

Looks powerful to me. But not seen anything special from him. Whereas Nani was outstanding for Portugal at the Euros. Fergie losing it

Marvin said:
Vincent said:

Looks powerful to me. But not seen anything special from him. Whereas Nani was outstanding for Portugal at the Euros. Fergie losing it

Indeed. Nani was their 2nd best player and was very impressive. Always rated him even though he plays for them.

To jib him for a 30m unproven kid with 'potential' seems like total fuckin lunacy to me.

Marvin said:
Vincent said:

I think what Ferguson wanted from Nani is the same thing he wants from Moura, the next Ronaldo. Nani whilst a very good player clearly isn't going to be the next Ronaldo. Moura for 30m unless they're getting him on the slowest fucking drip of all time is complete madness though.

Marvin said:
Vincent said:

Hope he's as good as Anderson :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.