Lucas Moura's agent set for talks with City (and the rags)

Looks a great talent but.. Rather than pay £40m for him I'd rather pay the £17m for Ocampos. Also we don't have a good history with Brazilians but Argentines we love :0)

not my fault! said:
Looks a great talent but.. Rather than pay £40m for him I'd rather pay the £17m for Ocampos. Also we don't have a good history with Brazilians but Argentines we love :0)

This

I'd be very sceptical about signing anyone from South America (directly, I mean) for the first-team squad.

It'd be best to go halves in with another club - as Italian, Portugese & Spanish teams do - in order to halve the risk should it not work out, but as far as I understand PL rules this is no longer allowed.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/transfer-rumours/120529/chelseas-hopes-signing-brazil-starlet-boosted-173218" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/ ... ted-173218</a>

Chelsea's hopes of signing Brazil starlet boosted

Chelsea’s hopes of adding Lucas Moura to their growing list of exciting, young talent has been boosted by reports that Real Madrid’s interest in the starlet has waned.

Madrid manager Jose Mourinho was in the crowd at the recent friendly between Moura’s Brazil and Denmark and the Special One has since cooled his interest in the Sao Paulo star.

Brazilian newspaper El Confidencial claims Mourinho came away from the game full of praise for the youngsters' burgeoning talent but with doubts over whether the 19-year-old is ready for the demands of La Liga and Champions League action.

Madrid want the teenager to continue his development in Brazil and keep first option on the playmaker but Moura is keen to move to Europe and Sao Paulo are eager to receive the windfall his transfer fee would bring.

That would then open the door for Chelsea to make an approach for the youngster and create the mouth-watering possibility of having Moura and the recently signed Belgian sensation Eden Hazard in the same side.

Moura is thought to be available for around £30m and Inter Milan have also been keeping tabs on the Samba star.

Many will say being Brazillian he won't hack it in the Premier League - that is true to a certain extent however I believe his sort of player needs to be in a team that play samba esq football and we as a team are one of few who are closest to Barcelonas 'Tika-Taka' style.

We have the players to allow Moura to flourish. Robinho and Elano would of played far better in this City side than the one of a few years ago.

£30m maybe a big gamble but for a player making his way into the Brazil side at 19, he could be very promising in the future!

sam-caddick said:
Many will say being Brazillian he won't hack it in the Premier League - that is true to a certain extent however I believe his sort of player needs to be in a team that play samba esq football and we as a team are one of few who are closest to Barcelonas 'Tika-Taka' style.

We have the players to allow Moura to flourish. Robinho and Elano would of played far better in this City side than the one of a few years ago.

£30m maybe a big gamble but for a player making his way into the Brazil side at 19, he could be very promising in the future!

I have never seen this guy, how good is he as i read somewhere that he is just a slightly better Walcott

not my fault! said:
£17m is way too much to fork out all at once. Probably a little to steep anyway but for that kind of money for someone of his age I imagine there would be a lot of clauses along the way which increase a much smaller initial payment (ie. no. of first team appearances, international cap, etc.).

kinkladzestwinkletoes said:
sam-caddick said:

I have never seen this guy, how good is he as i read somewhere that he is just a slightly better Walcott

His similarity to Walcott is probably his speed and looks a bit like him - he is a typical top Brazillian players. Brazil play Usa tonight I think and I would of though he will be playing. It would be worth watching to get some ideas for yourself mate!

Kompany is King said:
Guess this is where our scouting system comes into its own, or not.

It looked like it when Mike Rigg was here. He did visit Brazil once or twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.