Lucas Paquetá

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a coaching license for yank football, so I feel somewhat qualified to talk about this.
effort(basically what workrate is, can be taught, and is more a personality thing rather than a physical quality that you either have or dont.
You can teach anything to a degree but for me workrate/passion is something you're born with.

The situation with Phillips was a classic case of a player even after a serious injury and disastrous start to his career with us that would not "bust a gut" when given a chance, for me that was weird and a very bad sign.

Bernardo Silva is one of the most talented players in world football but also is one of the most committed footballers I have ever witnessed at ANY level.The work rate and attitude of that man is simply incredible.

Paquetta reminds me a lot of Bernardo in terms of fantastic natural ability but also a player who's workrate and attitude can never be questioned.

Paqueta vs Wirtz today. Let's see who performs better.

You can teach anything to a degree but for me workrate/passion is something you're born with.

The situation with Phillips was a classic case of a player even after a serious injury and disastrous start to his career with us that would not "bust a gut" when given a chance, for me that was weird and a very bad sign.

Bernardo Silva is one of the most talented players in world football but also is one of the most committed footballers I have ever witnessed at ANY level.The work rate and attitude of that man is simply incredible.

Paquetta reminds me a lot of Bernardo in terms of fantastic natural ability but also a player who's workrate and attitude can never be questioned.
I agree with your opinion but at the same time I 100% agree with PBB that players can learn to increase their desire to put the work in. The obvious method is through rewarding players with playing time which should always be a big motivator. However, in cases where that does not work it's time to say bye bye. Kalvin did become such an example. I kept waiting for him to come on like his ass was on fire when given a chance but instead he became lamer by the appearance. Strange that one...

I would give Paqueta a wide berth , he has an attitude problem which is not suited to the world and European champions. Tonight’s game against Leverkusen is a case in point, he looks like he could be having an early bath

Having watched him pretty closely for the last several months I think he would be a good fit for us. Confident in possession and tight spaces, wants to be constructive every time. There is a difference to having options with us than in a Moyes team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.