Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Not really. I wouldn’t have given him a 3 year deal but I’d have certainly tried with a 1 year rolling contract.
He had his heart set on this move anyway so it’s moot.
Yes, he had is heart set. But even more so I think he is now past his best and wouldn't have been able to keep up next season.

He was the first legend bthatvleft on time. Everyone else left one or 2 years too late. Zaba, Kompany, Aguero, David, and Dihno. All stayed a year too long.

It's better to let a legend go with a year left of possible high caliber play, than to keep them a year too long.

Gundo was waning ever so slightly by the end of the season. It was a perfect ending. I'm happy we offered him something and he refused. This keeps the goodwill on all sides. But it was great he left.

Bellingham or Rice would have been good replacements. Paquetta might also fit the bill.

I believe it would cost us about 75 million

Laporte and Phillips for Paquetta would be perfect for both teams.

And what makes you think they are far more "attainable". City always do their homework on all potential signings and it doesn`t stop at their ability. There are many other factors that City take into account before even considering a bid.

Correct. Sullivan would sell his grandmother for a tenner whereas Bloom would price his grandmother out of a move.

another dumb transfer story/rumour

last year he was available for £50m & after an average/disappointing season it would be shocking/ low iq from us to even consider a transfer and even more so at a higher price than WH bought him
If the rumours are true, then WHU are evidently trying it on which is their right. Paqueta was one of those players constantly mentioned as a possibility, alongside Aouar & Guimarães etc.

No one has taken a punt on Aouar, with reports his progress has stalled. However WHU & Newcastle took a punt on Paqueta & Guimarães respectively & both have seemingly worked out, without exactly setting the world alight.

I've gotta admit, I've only seen flashes of what Paqueta is reputedly capable of, but in mitigation he was playing for a struggling relegation threatened team, where PL survival & an unlikely run to a European final were their biggest priorities. It's hardly an environment to showcase your talents.

If Pep & Txiki have seen something in him to make a move, then I'm more than happy to trust their judgement. It'll be interesting to see how he fares in a team surrounded by better players if a deal is eventually made.

He's evidently got skills, so perhaps he needs a team like City to better showcase them, where as being in a team facing a relegation dog fight & managed by pragmatist Moyes, won't have given him many opportunities...

Our club management in their POV think they already replace it with Mateo Kovacic.
I refuse to believe they thought Kovacic would be the answer to losing the creative of Gundogan. I think he was coming in regardless because of his versatility and the fact that Phillips has been useless

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.