Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I refuse to believe they thought Kovacic would be the answer to losing the creative of Gundogan. I think he was coming in regardless because of his versatility and the fact that Phillips has been useless

That's on you, but our club always think different regarding squad planning and will never give a shit about fans opinion on it.

Not criticising Txiki by the way, but whatever makes you get more likes on a forum fella.

Just stating facts... There are players on the market that are far more attainable.

Can't see us going over 80m for him and West Ham ain't selling him for less than 80m.

So you think the club won't pay 80m for a player we tried to sign last year, who has played for two arguably 3 of the big European clubs, spent 4 seasons in 3 top european leagues, on top of winning trophies with one of Brazil's top clubs, while making over 40 appearwnces for Brazil. A player that was signed for 50m by his club and has 4 years left on his contract.

But you think the same club will readily pay 80m for a player who has had one season in the PL, played effectively only half of it, has zero experience in european competitions, was bought for 2.5m and has only two years left on his contract.

Ok pal.

I refuse to believe they thought Kovacic would be the answer to losing the creative of Gundogan. I think he was coming in regardless because of his versatility and the fact that Phillips has been useless

You are clearly wasted on here with your expertise and foresight

Nobody has done anything but support Phillips on his rare outings. People criticise him because they have eyes. They are also influenced by the manager, who openly criticised Phillips for coming back from Qatar overweight. This forms the basis of the view that Phillips does not have the mentality to play at a club like City. All of the other observations about his demeanour and body language since Pep's criticism are predicated on the belief that he's not good enough nor serious enough. Until he starts performing well, he will not change many minds.

As for Gomez, it's less about attitude and mentality, and more about the fact that he isn't a very good left-back. He does, rightly, get more slack from the fans than Phillips. His professionalism has never been called into question.
The viciousness here may not represent terrace behaviour, but it is deeply unpleasant. As for being influenced by Pep, he is not averse to public criticism of players, occasionally, but he does give second chances. Changing minds should not be needed for a player who has hardly played.

Again, and again i see certain attitudes surrounding the club, the board, transfers, and certain players. I really hope our success isn't creating an armada of rag look-alike, Goldbridge personalities, as we really are not that club, and we have never been that club.

The reality is lads, he has been scouted for a while, and was primed to come in for Bernardo, but Barcelona's Klarna payments haven't come through. Luckily for us.

I am astounded at the lack of general knowledge, with regards to how a player will look in a different system, under inarguably the best manager ever to grace the sport. The reality is, David Moyes, and West Ham are a bottom tier, almost relegated club in the Premier League last season. That's their placing and quality. The style of football, the tactical approach and result have been abysmal, Moyes's job being saved by winning that UECL.

This lad, will probably look and play 1000% different under a manager and with a squad that doesn't need corners and 75 crosses a half to score a goal.

Something to chew on.

I haven't, but I am privy to both ends of this deal. The player will force the move and some.

Sullivan says he wants more than £70m, which already betrays a willingness to sell.

His agent is former City player Barry Silkman, he knows West Ham are bluffing on this one and the player has made it clear all summer he wants to leave.
To be fair I want the player like any City fans but here are the facts, WH paid 51 million for a 5 year Contract and he wants out after year 1.

I'm sorry, if Im WH, this will cost whoever wants him a lot. 25 million over what I paid will be the minimum, so I understand Sullivan'd point. I know Paquetta will push the deal through. But if I'm Sullivan, I'm letting him know we are happy for you but you are too valuable of an asset for us to let go on a cheapie.

Paquetta is not some guy WH discovered for 14 million. He is a real talent they paid Haaland type money for... I personally don't expect an easy transfer here. I trust my guy Txiki wants to pay 69 million. Lol and will argue to the last day. But I can see Sullivan looking at the cost of getting Paquetta, and thinking..."Fuck no Txiki! Pay up"

think this gets done @ £75m

If the buyout is £85m next year then I'd expect West Ham to want £85m this year considering the length of his contract and how much they paid for him. £75m with £10m in achievable add-ons might cut it, or maybe we're willing to delay the signing so they can do their business without clubs knowing there's another big cheque incoming, and we agree a lesser price in exchange arguing we've saved them more than that by keeping quiet.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.