Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

In a world where Nadine Dorries was Culture Secretary - literally anything can happen ! Bit of an odd one all the same…. Might dust off my cv!

I knew he was an agent, I seem to remember him being a part of the Ravel Morrison story, but I thought he was at that level - dodgy east end deals - not Brazil internationals moving for £50-80m!

I refuse to believe they thought Kovacic would be the answer to losing the creative of Gundogan. I think he was coming in regardless because of his versatility and the fact that Phillips has been useless
I hope the club do the right thing and sack of Txiki and bring you in, you know your stuff, will your school let you leave early?

I haven't, but I am privy to both ends of this deal. The player will force the move and some.

Sullivan says he wants more than £70m, which already betrays a willingness to sell.

His agent is former City player Barry Silkman, he knows West Ham are bluffing on this one and the player has made it clear all summer he wants to leave.
Barry Silkman, what a little sh1t, it's a shame if that top hat is going to get cash off us.

The viciousness here may not represent terrace behaviour, but it is deeply unpleasant. As for being influenced by Pep, he is not averse to public criticism of players, occasionally, but he does give second chances. Changing minds should not be needed for a player who has hardly played.
I haven't read the whole thread, admittedly, so I don't fully know the extent of the viciousness of which you speak. If it is nasty and personal then that should be condemned.

I think most people would like Phillips to go on and be an excellent player for us. The reality, however, is that he has looked so far off the pace when he has played that many just don't see how he can ever be good enough to turn it around. I think people are as much influenced by what Pep hasn't done with him than what he has, ie not played him unless we're three goals up. The fact that he didn't get minutes in Sunday's friendly was taken by many to be a bad sign.

Ultimately I am happy to go with Pep's judgement on the player. If he stays then he should command our unconditional support every time he wears the blue shirt. Given the choice though, I would rather we sold him. I don't think he is the right player for us.

To restate: I don't condone abuse of him personally but people are well within their rights to be forthright in condemning his footballing capabilities.

To be fair I want the player like any City fans but here are the facts, WH paid 51 million for a 5 year Contract and he wants out after year 1.

I'm sorry, if Im WH, this will cost whoever wants him a lot. 25 million over what I paid will be the minimum, so I understand Sullivan'd point. I know Paquetta will push the deal through. But if I'm Sullivan, I'm letting him know we are happy for you but you are too valuable of an asset for us to let go on a cheapie.

Paquetta is not some guy WH discovered for 14 million. He is a real talent they paid Haaland type money for... I personally don't expect an easy transfer here. I trust my guy Txiki wants to pay 69 million. Lol and will argue to the last day. But I can see Sullivan looking at the cost of getting Paquetta, and thinking..."Fuck no Txiki! Pay up"
The Hammers paid big bucks for him last summer, which means he's has 12 months invaluable PL experience under his belt.

This means we know what we're getting if we go for him, as he's proven his worth in a struggling, relegation threatened team.

If Pep & Txiki have seen enough in him to warrant bringing him here, it seems it's then a matter of money. WHU want £85m. We've reportedly offered £70m.

We know how this goes. £72.5m plus £5m in performance related add-ons & the player pushing for the move will probably get the deal done.

Some of our fans can be very vicious indeed and wishing Pep being **** towards Philips just like they always wanted for him.

Fortunately Pep is not a **** unlikes some people on Internet, All this talk that Pep need to force him way out like benching him all the time need to be stopped because Pep is not a ****, he can have discussion with Philips privately that he doesn't need him on the team instead acting like a **** like some of our fans wanted.
Agreed. Back the club and manager, they know what they are doing. We won the fucking treble. Lucas can be very dangerous for us with Pep’s coaching

Not sure about foden being pushed out wide if Paqueta comes. Put them both on the open market Foden is a £120m player even with his age and the English tax. Kdb is 9 years older and Phil will in my view, be his successor. Kdb was 24 when he came. He had a good season (or so) in the budesliga, but wasn’t until he was 26 became the player he is today, playing the supporting role for Silva, before eventually being the main creative midfielder. To boss our midfield like Yaya, Silva and KDB have done over the last 10 years, you have to be at your absolute peak. Foden hasn’t come into that…yet.
I thought West Ham were getting a player when they signed Paqueta so would be more than pleased if he came, although he will come with a premium, being one year into a contract. Jack needs some competition on the left. Enciso would be my choice if we are hitting Brighton, as he can learn from Jack and Pep for a year or so, as the lad is only 19.
One thing Foden needs to learn is to dominate and make a game his.

He has flashes of brilliance but for me does not dominate as much as he should, said earlier this summer, big season for Phillip, no longer a kid, time to show you are a very special player.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.