Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Cash plus Palmer would make sense, even though I don't particularly want him to leave
Why...seriously why?
giphy.gif

I followed Paqueta in his OL days (Olympique Lyonnais). He was a good player, in a mediocre team. I say that with no pleasure, because OL are sort of my second team and club (for reasons that I won’t bore people with here). Thus, he was made to look very good. He is £51 million good, no sweat. Ok — let’s allow for “player bought from an EPL club” inflation. You will notice that it’s no longer even “English player” inflation (which is in and of itself ridiculous). Now let’s add “player being bought by Manchester City” inflation (which by the way should no longer be operative, because we’re far, far from the days when we had to pay inflated prices for a player who was purely here for the money — we are Treble Fucking Winners, with some of the best players on the planet, and the unquestioned best coach on the planet — oh and by the way, we pay a pretty good weekly wage, too, while we’re about it. Only thing against us is the town and the weather — and even those can become an acquired taste for these Mediterranean and Brazilian types). So ok, in my considered opinion, that makes Paqueta about a £70 million player. Anything north of that is pretty extortionate, and £85 million is downright a piss take (Gvardiol is by all accounts a generational talent in his position; he should not be mentioned in the same breath. Paqueta is a good player, who Pep will almost certainly make better. But should MCFC pay the price for having the most talented coach alive every time?)

Last edited:
I totally agree.

Is it a fact or pure speculation and opinion - too many ongoing and protracted slagging matches which fills the bloody threads .

Hopefully all our transfer activity is resloved soon, and then the needy fantasists and terminally stupid can concenrate on the Match Thread :)
Can we get Ric to include these two tick box options when you register for Bluemoon. That way we can restrict access and keep them away from each other.....although that might reduce forum content by about 99% :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.