Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

doesnt the "i want to leave" thing not reduce his price by 40m at least? like in the case of Bernardo?

We haven't bid 88m quid. That's not happening. It will get done around 70m quid, or half of that + Palmer.

Despite my other posts mocking those posts on Twitter/ex about the fee, this is not mean I do not believe we are looking to sign him

I also think he would be a very good signing for us.

I can guarantee we haven’t bid 88m for Paqueta. Same guy missed by €30m on Gvardiols transfer. Always makes up these insane numbers to gain more attention and new followers. Besides, why would we improve our offer by £18m, when the first one seemed quite high? It’s bullshit

Despite my other posts mocking those posts on Twitter/ex about the fee, this is not mean I do not believe we are looking to sign him

I also think he would be a very good signing for us.

Replying to myself to separate these points for easier reading if you wish.

I believe I heard on the last CitySpaces - or another City podcast - a comment that we tend to react poorly to signing PL players versus more excited about foreign players from other leagues.

The person made reference to when we try to sign Kane and the mixed reaction then.

I wouldn’t say I completely agree or disagree.

with Harry Kane, he plays for England, the leader and yes we dislike Spurs historically. But his role on England as one of its best players a massive factor, I believe, as there’s a constant state of negativity around the national team. That was before his penalty miss.

On the other hand, look at Phillips. Is Rolan in England was lesser and has a shorter track record.

We were mostly very high on signing him from his earlier England performances, well regarded by many fans in England, and I believe from when he played against us, and under a manager Pep holds in high regard.

So I don’t think we’re all think players from different leagues are automatically more interesting and Garner more excitement from our supporter base.

We can look at the reactions to rumors about signing Doku, Sane, Dias, or even Fernandinho.

Do we really recall overwhelming positive feedback from us even on here?

I know another forum of city fans I post on would also show that more than a few of our fans were dubious about the signings and fees.

I would say this shows how this comes from understandable lack of familiarity with a good enough number of other players from leagues or clubs we don’t tend to watch.

Or when we’ve seen them not been so great even Gvardiol did not do great against us or stand out, and that influenced some of us surely. With Bernardo and some may not recall Mandy fans were excited, because both of them perform very well against us in CL.

So with foreign players in foreign leagues, or from England playing in foreign leagues, I think you will find there may also be a similar reaction.

So perhaps any questions or concerns or negativity about players we are rumor to target or are linked with is more about being too familiar or too unfamiliar with whatever our “eye tests” tend to tell us.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.