Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I never really understand if people are sincere in saying “Oh I don’t carewhat City pay, doesn’t concern me.”
I don’t own any of the players, even as employees. I don’t own the stadium. Hell, I don’t even own the seat I sit in. It’s lent to me, temporarily, and I can be ejected from it. Temporarily. Or indeed permanently.
Not one penny we pay for player x,y or z comes directly out of my bank account. I’ve noticed that. Which is just as well, because four days ago my wallet was stolen by a pickpocket, they somehow had the number for my bank card, and they cleaned out what was left in my current account within eight minutes flat. Anyway, let that go, as being entirely beside the point.

I own it all. In my heart, I own it all. Everything that Manchester City Football Club decides, all aspects of its policies, concerns me. That includes — especially includes — transfer fees. I do not like to see my club being taken for a ride. It doesn’t happen often now, but it does occasionally. We’ve all got our idea of what the market is — we see players being bought, we see players being sold, every transfer window — we form a judgement which we believe to be approximately correct. Yes, I care very much what City pay out for a given player. I intensely dislike seeing my club being taken for what would be, in my judgement (right or wrong), a ride.
By the way, contrary to appearances, Pep is not God. He works within a structure, powerful as he is. He knows that. City is a business, working within constraints. He knows that too. I’m certain he does not just march to Khaldoon, to the sheik, or even to Txiki, and say “I need that player, get him at any price.” He’s got far too much respect for them, for the club, for that.
If the player seems to be available, and amenable to a move, and the other club is not completely hostile, that’s when the process of negotiations starts.
All these things are thunderingly obvious. But they seem to need repeating, sometimes.
I like this and think similarly.

I haven’t wanted us not sign a player as much since……ok it was Phillips but I know this guys better. I don’t him because I fear this will restrict Phil and Cole progression

Not one ITK nor reporter confirmed or denied the alleged 88m bid... hmmm
Just as well the season properly starts tomorrow. It's a distraction from the gaudy world of football transfers, where agents become rich and nobodies like Fabrizio Romano become celebrities.

Not one ITK nor reporter confirmed or denied the alleged 88m bid... hmmm
When we were apparently bidding 100 million for rice I said on here that he wasn't even the best centre mid at West ham, who knows what the price will be?
We do know that it's very rare that txiki gets ripped off in the transfer market.
We are the champions of Europe, any player that comes into our squad is going to have to be decent and that comes with a price tag to match

I like this and think similarly.

I haven’t wanted us not sign a player as much since……ok it was Phillips but I know this guys better. I don’t him because I fear this will restrict Phil and Cole progression
It could only stop their progression if he was better. As it is think he’ll play in the middle and as KDB plays less games Foden will gradually move into that position. Palmer if he progresses will play wide but think if that happens it’s a couple of seasons away and maybe Bobb surpasses Palmer.
I think if he blocks annyone getting into the team it’s McAtee.

It could only stop their progression if he was better. As it is think he’ll play in the middle and as KDB plays less games Foden will gradually move into that position. Palmer if he progresses will play wide but think if that happens it’s a couple of seasons away and maybe Bobb surpasses Palmer.
I think if he blocks annyone getting into the team it’s McAtee.
I’m not convinced on McAtee yet - Bobb I’m not seen enough of to make a call. Cole I believe in and Foden is Foden.

Just see that video and he looks full of tricks so could be a good signing.

I just like seeing the kids have a go, would be great to see Cole nail down a squad place like Rico has

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.