Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I’ve nothing wrong with the signing, it’s the price we’re paying that makes me nervous about the signing.

All the players listed above were pretty risk free in terms of what we paid for them at the time, and we’re all young
I'm like you, concerned about the value for money element.
However, with the odd exception under Pep we tend to buy players for the system rather than just individual talent.

Hopefully he fits our system well and it makes the most of his talent, clearly that's not happening at West Ham.

Nothing concrete mate, only things I’ve read from a West Ham and Milan perspective

I was just commenting on a post made about Maddison’s attitude.

I think he's earned a lot of respect from some West Ham fans over the weekend. He gave a quality performance in spite of playing a game that could jeopardise his dream move and they cheered his name throughout.

Look at the team Paqueta has around him, baring Haaland you could stick any one of our players in that team and due to its structure and Moyes’ tactics they wouldn’t shine. Highly technical players need other similar players around them to be their best, not low block, lump it long and rush merchants.

1692006804465.png

I think we need to close this transfer quick, injuries seem to happen a lot this season, I see the news already long term injuires to quite a few players outside site (Militao, Courtois, Mings, Nkunku etc), we have KDB out for possibly 4-6 weeks and even if its better than that he comes back within 3 weeks we know he can easily break down again without a fault against him in his 3rd game back. gonna be an ongoing situation where he needs to be managed carefully. stop-start season for him imo...

but can see WHU pricing him out of a move, but this is now imo bit better as players is desperate to join, can see why as WHU aint fighting for anything this season, while likes of Bellingham, rice were not adamant to join imo.

best would be to include Phillips that would drive the price down by 35-40m, and adding Palmer on loan as a sweetener would work for sure but Phillips seems to be adamant to prove himself here.
Palmer could go permanently, I dont think he is gonna play much especially if Doku is signed.

80m bid and maybe 35m coming our way for Palmer is something I can see happening.
if WHU wants something like 95-105m I can see Txiki walking away. and drop a bit more than that onto Barella or de Jong on 31st of August. :)

I’m not sure why anyone on this forum thinks they know how to profile who is the best signing for city more than txixi and pep. Everything they do will have a meaning- it’s not just the quality of player- it’s their particular skills, attitude- they will have had scouts and data analysts watch these players for significant periods of time and the shortlist for particular positions will be developed over years not days. As mentioned this guy was an option a few years ago. If they think paqueta is a better fit it’s likely because he is a better fit than Maddison. Their is no doubt Maddison is a cracking player and I can see why people would want him at city, but he obviously doesn’t offer what pep wants from a new addition to the squad. We have a very particular style of play, which is constantly developing and just because something doesn’t ‘make sense’ doesn’t mean it isn’t the right thing- the club and pep I believe are ten steps ahead. A treble and three in a row would be my evidence. Not a post to bash those suggesting other players as that’s the point of a forum, but when it comes down to it our football knowledge pales in comparison to those we have operating our club and that’s probably worth remembering.

Interesting post, but, you know, Pep and Txiki clearly saw something in Phillips. £40 million is not peanuts. I hasten to add that I don’t go in for Phillips bashing, and I’m still not absolutely convinced that he’s not at the required level. What I do see, though, is that Pep himself simply doesn’t give him minutes in near meaningless matches, i.e. Community Shield. So hemust have seen something that he doesn’t much like, since Kalvin is now completely fit.
Let’s say that, 9 times out of 10, our maestros get it right.This might just be the tenth time. That’s all we’re discussing here.
Otherwise, we can all just say “Pep’s judgement is infallible”, and close down this thread. But there’s only one person who’s officially infallible, and that’s the pope (and that’s wrong too). By the way, personally, I’m far from being a drum-beater for Maddison.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.