Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Touche.. Thing with Philips is that we all thought he'd do well even the press thought as much.
sometimes things don't work out as expected but if you dont buy a lottery ticket you'll never win the lottery.
Not quite all, I took pelters on here for saying I didn't want us to sign him, I see him in the Scott Parker/Mark Noble mould. Decent player, nice chap, capable of having a good career at a mid ranking club. The fans favourite type, who does lots of running, puts himself about, but has nowhere near the amount of quality needed to make it at the top level. Your point is well taken though that he could have rocked up here and turned into prime Pirlo, then I would have looked a bit silly, but everyone would have moved on by then anyway and at the end of the day who cares what I think? Just a forum for giving an opinion and this would be quite a dull forum if everyone towed the party line...

Some comparison of player stats over last 365 days, Grealish, Mitoma and Paqueta

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230814-123824_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814-123824_Chrome.jpg
    520 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_20230814-123650_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814-123650_Chrome.jpg
    520.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Screenshot_20230814-123316_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230814-123316_Chrome.jpg
    523.7 KB · Views: 74
Or Haaland,Alvarez,Rodri,Diaz,Bernado,Aka,Akanji,Stones etc etc etc.through the squad..

We have a world class team built by those who know what the fuck they're talking about.

I hope one day city fans who doubt our world class decision making wake up and smell the coffee.
I'm not a fan of this type of opinion. Of course everyone realizes that our front office does a fantastic job overall. But that knowledge doesn't change the fact that they could do better or worse in individual instances.

So while acknowledging the front office does a super job, one can at the same time worry about individual specific choices.

For example we almost spent 80 million on Kane, the summer before we got Haaland for 51. I'm sure Kane would have been a decent choice. But many ( myself included) didn't want that choice because we wanted the opportunity at Haaland. Which I believe ( and most would probably agree was the better choice).

Dias instead of Koulibally is another example. Thank God Napoli were dicks. Rodri over Fred was another. Thank God for United.

Granted had we gotten these players there is no guarantee theyd have been as bad as where they went. Perhaps Pep could sprinkle some magic dust on them.

But the point still remains, discussing the value or fit of potential in coming players is worth having. I mean, it's practically what this forum is for :)

Not quite all, I took pelters on here for saying I didn't want us to sign him, I see him in the Scott Parker/Mark Noble mould. Decent player, nice chap, capable of having a good career at a mid ranking club. The fans favourite type, who does lots of running, puts himself about, but has nowhere near the amount of quality needed to make it at the top level. Your point is well taken though that he could have rocked up here and turned into prime Pirlo, then I would have looked a bit silly, but everyone would have moved on by then anyway and at the end of the day who cares what I think? Just a forum for giving an opinion and this would be quite a dull forum if everyone towed the party line...
Thing is fella that most are questioning Paquetas price not his ability.

Sorry,I should have said most instead of all. my bad.

i dont think phillips is inherently a bad player, hes very unfortunate that he is being held against the absolute gold standard in his position and looks poor in comparison, its like boxing, anthony joshua isnt inherently a bad boxer but put him in the ring with mike tyson and hed look fecking awful
I'm not too sure about that, Tyson turned 57 in June I believe...

We're not in the position to try to find gems, we're in the position to try to win a record 5th consecutive title and defend the CL Trophy FA cup and try for the Quadruple..

We found a gem in Alvarez and have gems coming through ie Palmer and Rico....
5th consecutive title ?

As long as we go back to our normally approach after this summer then I am fine with us making an exception to pay a premium fee on this occasion. Throw in KDB problems and Paqueta becomes a necessity.
waiting for end of window and were now set for years to come posts only for posters to have meltdown over txiki next transfer window

That’s incredibly harsh on Scott Parker! He ruined being a top player by hiding at Chelsea too long. He’d had been great under Pep.

What is weird with Phillips is that he got Bielsa-ball, but can’t understand Pep-ball. I think this is the thing that has baffled our coaches.

His shoulder hasn’t helped him settle, but he’s not shown any sign of understanding the Rodri role as of yet.

Some comparison of player stats over last 365 days
Here's Paquetas numbers compared to central midfielders, seems a bit more fair to compare his numbers to other central midfielders (not wingers) since thats the position he's been playing the last 365 days.

Attachments

• Skärmavbild 2023-08-14 kl. 13.54.05.png
    Skärmavbild 2023-08-14 kl. 13.54.05.png
    199.1 KB · Views: 92

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.