Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

No one really knows City's reasoning why they are favouring Paqueta over Kudus. He was part of the Right to Dream Academy so assuming he is still on our database and would've been an Academy signing first and foremost. Perhaps Paqueta is more comfortable playing deeper?

Last edited:
I like paq but my biggest fear is if we spend the money this summer what happens next when a wirtz is available

No one really knows City's reasoning why they are favouring Paqueta over Kudus. He was part of the Right to Dream Academy so assuming he is still on our database and would've been an Academy signing first and foremost. Perhaps Paqueta is more comfortable playing deeper?
I think Pep has rated Paqueta for a while.

Or Paqueta is just a better fit for what we want to do. Kudus to me looks like a Ayer who'd be a star at a Midtable team, but never really have that quality at the highest level.

Paqueta looks like a skillful player who can make it at the top.

I like paq but my biggest fear is if we spend the money this summer what happens next when a wirtz is available
That's my only downside. It's like Kane and Haaland again. Wirtz is the bonafide Debruyne replacement. Paqueta is more a Bernardoesque type player. Great addition. But not if he blocks the potential Wirtz chase.

Perhaps we'd let Kalvin go next summer and replace him with Wirtz

A CM of Rodri, Bernado, Kovacic, Paqueta, Wirtz, Mcatee. Might be a lovely 6 to have.

P.s: This permanently confines Phil to the Winger/Forward role.

Mount for £55m is a far better bet, for example. Liverpool got Soboz for £60m reportedly. Neves was £40m or so (albeit different position)
You think we should have signed Mason Mount?

Girl Fishing GIFs | Tenor

Paqueta is an established international playing under a regressive manager. Pep wants him for a reason.

Wirtz ain’t moving this summer. We never know what happens next summer, how Kdbs injuries continue, Foden and Bernardo staying as wingers, Kovacic moving down into a defensive position. Perhaps even Wirtz could be seen as a winger-option next summer.

Paqueta is needed now, can’t wait a season for it

Wirtz is avalable now, if we are willing to buy, Bayern have said they will sell if the right bid comes in.
Newcastle are rumoured to be preparing such a bid.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.