Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Had Cucurella & Mitoma signed for City before Brighton got them cheaply, they would have the had similar opportunities in the 1st team to Gomez & Angelino.
Not necessarily Pep carries out assessments in training if they're good enough they get game time. See how Lewis got game time and Philips doesn't, this is not on reputation it's on performance in training. Pep tries to create a meritocracy amongst the squad.

Not necessarily Pep carries out assessments in training if they're good enough they get game time. See how Lewis got game time and Philips doesn't, this is not on reputation it's on performance in training.
That's why I said opportunities, whether they would have taken them is a different matter completely but they wouldn't have been a guaranteed starter like they are at Brighton, given time to blossom & knowing they wouldn't be benched due to the odd poor performances, which would happen here.

That's why I said opportunities, whether they would have taken them is a different matter completely but they wouldn't have been a guaranteed starter like they are at Brighton, given time to blossom & knowing they wouldn't be benched due to the odd poor performances, which would happen here.
I agree game opportunities would not necessarily be as plentiful to start with, but I am confident the likes of Mitoma would have shone in training and flourished under Pep. I haven't seen him have a poor performance. (We tried to buy Cucurella from Brighton not sure about him?) If they aren't working out we can always loan them out to get them game experience. Maybe should do that with Philips? I can't see Pep playing him much this season, even with injuries.

Last edited:
I agree game opportunities would not necessarily be as plentiful to start with, but I am confident the likes of Mitoma would have shone in training and flourished under Pep. I haven't seen him have a poor performance. (We tried to buy Cucurella from Brighton not sure about him?)
Mitoma signed for Brighton at the same time as Grealish & very few people had heard of him until his purple patch in the middle of last season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.