Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Not too bothered about Paqueta. Think he's very, very overrated and at the price quoted wouldn't have been a success.

The issue is more about the state of the squad. It's needs two/three minimum. To end up in this situation with two weeks left of the window is piss poor.

Not wholly convinced on Paqueta either but we have a desperately thin squad and hugely lacking in creativity. With KDB injured I can’t see us winning the league without adding some craft but then again I don’t see us panic buying either. I think it’s Doku and we’re done.

We have lost Gundogan and Mahrez, Cancelo is leaving and with KDB injured there’s not many chance creators outside of Foden.

This seems to be an unusually poorly planned window by our standards.

It’s a strange situation to find ourselves in as Treble winners, and probably the most desirable team in the world for players at this moment given our trophies and Pep, that we’ve actually found ourselves weaker than at the end of the season.

We must have had an inkling that Gundogan could be leaving, and possibly Bernardo though fortunately he seems to be staying for now, yet there didn’t appear to be much succession planning. That’s the biggest surprise really.

The market is what it is this summer, if we’re only prepared to pay last year’s prices then we risk being left behind, because Arsenal and Chelsea don’t let the Saudi-inflated market hamper them.

With de Bruyne long term injured it seems short-sighted and complacent to baulk at spending a bit more than planned to strengthen the squad.

Because he didn't massively overpay for a bang average player?

I get the worry that we need an extra midfielder in but it's a very good thing that our club isn't run like Chelsea. We walked from Koulibaly, Jorginho and Kane and now we have Dias, Rodri and Haaland. When smart people run the club, things tend to work out.
Good post. We get far more right than wrong. Seldom overpay. We leave that game to others (Rags/Chelsea/Arsenal)

Reactions: kun
"Enough! This bickering is pointless"

Now, Lord Txiki will provide us with the location of the transfer targets....

I made my post as a little bit of a reality check. The transfer forum is not showing some people in a good light, IMO. We are the treble winners, something most of us could barely comprehend. We have bought the recognised best young defender in world football. We have lost a couple of players over 30 who wanted to leave, and we have the chance to play a few younger players in their stead. Get a grip and take a look at the absolute quality of our squad.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.