Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

The decision not buy enzo fernandez along with Alvarez looks even more ridiculous. Ah well at the least the club have made a huge profit selling the academy kids this summer, net spend champions you’ll never sing that,

I made my post as a little bit of a reality check. The transfer forum is not showing some people in a good light, IMO. We are the treble winners, something most of us could barely comprehend. We have bought the recognised best young defender in world football. We have lost a couple of players over 30 who wanted to leave, and we have the chance to play a few younger players in their stead. Get a grip and take a look at the absolute quality of our squad.
I’m totally on your give youth a chance after the treble.

However, we will probably never get another chance at winning 4 league titles in a row and become the first team to do that, so if we do make more signings that increase our chances of doing 4 in a row, then I’ll be happy with that too.

Because we thought (hoped?) we were getting Bellingham, then Rice, then maybe Caceido.

We’ll be down to scouting the Sunday league for freebies at this rate. Shocking for the current best side and best manager in the world. Spend some fucking money, we bring in enough, more than Arse and Chelsea.

So it's got nothing specifically to do with Paqueta then?

He's just the latest name on the conveyor belt. There'll be another in the next few days and, again, probably one nobody was asking for but will no doubt all of a sudden be the one who all our hopes and dreams rest on.

Silva Grealish Foden Palmer, am happy with going with them 4 all season, Pep knows it's not just about adding somebody for numbers, it's adding somebody that goes straight into the team and makes the place his own,

Until we know why this has broken down (if indeed it has), then it’s probably best to reserve judgement as to whether it’s bad for us or not.

C'mon Rick so many want to vent their spleen regarding City's shit negotiation tactics ..................understandably

Some people posting in this thread are completely out of touch with reality. Slating Txiki, claiming Pep will be furious, questioning the clubs ability to bring in the right players. You all need to grow up

I'll say 2 things and no more;

- 5 of the last 6 Premier League titles
- Current European Champions
And il retort with… football is an ever changing landscape. Past success guarantees nothing. The club have had a bad transfer window, it’s ok people can admit that.

Not too bothered about Paqueta. Think he's very, very overrated and at the price quoted wouldn't have been a success.

The issue is more about the state of the squad. It's needs two/three minimum. To end up in this situation with two weeks left of the window is piss poor.

Is it really that bad?

Walker is staying.
Bernardo is staying.
Gundogan left and we got Kovacic.
Laporte will go but we’ve got Gvardiol.

The only major replacement we’re desperate for is a right winger to replace Mahrez in my view especially as Bernardo might need to come inside at times.

People can say we need to replace De Bruyne but shit happens. Players get injured for every team as we’ve seen with several recent ACL injuries across the league. We’re lucky that we can just go and get someone.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.