Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Thin squad, got thinner, we pursue a player, don't like the valuation and pull out. Less time to find a player. Great stuff.
Pretty much it. With the season already well underway, we’re into that zone where clubs refuse to sell to us, due to the lack of time for them to find a replacement. To have lost Mahrez, Gunders and Kev (the latter due to long term injury), our 2nd, 3rd and 4th best source of both goals and assists, and to have brought in only Kovacic, looks like a pretty crap window by anyone’s standards. We’re either complacent beyond belief or there’s some practical obstacle we can’t do much about. Do we, by way of speculation, actually have a vacant squad place? I thought we needed to offload either Cancelo or Laporte before we could buy again?
Either way, we’re going to face a whole season of bus parking cuntery with very few options in the way of pace or invention to overcome it, so I very much hope there’s a Plan ‘F’…..or wherever we’re up to now!

Last edited:
Of course. My point is that City, and in particular Txiki, haven’t necessarily been incompetent.

Rice was more of a puzzle for me but we will never know.
Not necessarily - incompetent may be a bit strong, but it's been disappointing and unless we pull something out of the hat, not what we expected after the Treble and the big talk. Over to Pep again.
Hope that's not too blasphemous.

Last edited:
Assuming Doku still happens.

Gundogan out - Kovacic in.
Mahrez out - Doku in.
Laporte out - Gvardiol in.

I don't see how we're weaker. Palmer has obviously come on leaps and bounds and McAtee and Bobb are good enough to pick up a dozen games each.
It’s a good starting point, but you have to factor in the Kev injury, which in my opinion is massive, given we’ve lost Gundo, I know Kev has had his fare share of injuries but how many times did that coincide with Ilkay not playing also? The added pressure (physically & mentally) to the likes of Rodri could see us with another big injury. We have to finish this mini rebuild, and I’m hoping we’ve pulled out because another deal has surfaced

Kovacic has never been a creative player . Not at Madrid or Chelsea. He’s brilliant at holding the ball and progressing through midfield best in Europe at it . That’s what he’s amazing at he’s not a creative player

agreed and we needed another creative player even before the KDB injury?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.