Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

For years pep has said that he’s had gundo, David silva, Kevin, Bernardo ahead of him for the central spots. Years later to now and both silva and gundo are gone with Kovacic in for the LCM role meaning there is one spot open which also happens to be the RCM role. Presumably if would have been Phil to fill that hole but with the news of paqueta it seems like he would be the one to take the spot, once again resulting in Foden being crowded out and having to play wide.

Odd that a quick look on the West Ham forums shows me that they love him then...

Their other option in midfield is Soucek. I'm not surprised West Ham fans like the guy.

He is not good enough whatsoever to play for City. He certainly isn't good enough to block the development of Foden as an #8. It's an absolutely mental idea to sign this guy

I just cannot see City even being remotely serious about this if he costs more than 70 and Phillips isn’t somehow going the other way… and THB is somehow used.

Not worth more than 55
Money plus Phillips & THB sounds good & it'd fuck up the rags trying to unload two of their deadwood to WHU too.

I'm still of the opinion that he'll end up there but I think it will be after Kev leaves and when we've got better options already on the wings.

But who knows. He still demands the ball to feet way too much instead of looking to make space for others or thinking a few passes ahead.
I agree, he is still very immature in the way he plays especially so once he plays centrally. He STILL tried to force passes when they aren’t on. His ball retention isn’t on par with Bernardo, Grealish, gundo. Not as creative as KDB but not bad.

Pep has for years asked Phil to adjust his way of playing and understand when the game needs calm and “pausa” and when to try the risky things. From what I see he has not improved in that regard at all. And this has been a 3-4 years of pep telling pressers repeatedly about this.

Steinberg is usually good for West Ham stuff tbh. At the very least, it wouldn't surprise me that we are after this sort of player - mainly an attacking mid but could be a RW like Bernardo.

Still not local source! They could be doing a favour for West Ham to get his name out there! If any true I can't believe they turned down 70m! We would gone in with 50m tops then work up to 65m! Not happening for me!

Still not local source! They could be doing a favour for West Ham to get his name out there! If any true I can't believe they turned down 70m! We would gone in with 50m tops then work up to 65m! Not happening for me!

depends if it gets off set with sales mate?

Lol. I’d say posters clamouring for him to play centrally should give it up. It will never happen under pep. It would be Kovacic and silva for LCM and KDB and Paqueta for RCM with Foden as primary RW.
If Pep can't trust Foden over someone like Paqueta who I don't even rate then I wouldn't fault Foden if he calls it a day and ply his trade somewhere else. There are plenty of clubs that would love to have him.

For years pep has said that he’s had gundo, David silva, Kevin, Bernardo ahead of him for the central spots. Years later to now and both silva and gundo are gone with Kovacic in for the LCM role meaning there is one spot open which also happens to be the RCM role. Presumably if would have been Phil to fill that hole but with the news of paqueta it seems like he would be the one to take the spot, once again resulting in Foden being crowded out and having to play wide.
I know. Just trust Phil to become the world class player we all know he can become and buy a bloody winger!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.