Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Still not local source! They could be doing a favour for West Ham to get his name out there! If any true I can't believe they turned down 70m! We would gone in with 50m tops then work up to 65m! Not happening for me!

That's a lot of exclaiming.

He's a decent player but not at our level to be first choice and for that price, he should be. £70m would get you Bernardo..
Not as good as maddison who went for less.
Is he better than Eze? Not sure.

I'll admit the fee seems high but not sure why so many are downbeat on this one can only assume they haven't seen enough of him, he's a technically top player capable of lovely flicks playing in a team who don't play to his best strengths. Also he's a physical and energetic box to box attacking midfielder who can defend with a high ceiling, he averaged nearly 3 tackles a game for a very defensive West Ham side last season as the more attacking midfielder.

He's without doubt a better option than Maddison was too he has more technical quality about him, I'd certainly take him over both the players mentioned above. He's a very combative and dynamic player works a lot harder than the other two, plus not a single one of these players are remotely similar so it's strange to compare them.

Paqueta is defo the best all round player out of those centrally that's been linked lately plus very technical and can mix it up physically, which enables good holdup play he has great quality on the ball loves laying it off to teammates overlapping. More importantly he does far more work off the ball than most players, he grafts his arse off in a manner akin to my first choice Nicolo Barella.

I created a thread for Barella as a great Bellingham alternative and similarly Paqueta could be very suitable, he was excellent at Lyon most the time I saw them play and usually looked their best player, even ahead of Bruno Guimaraes who I also really liked and he's done great for Newcastle in a more fluid team.

Paqueta is a good all rounder strong in most areas I think he's been limited going forward, because of West Ham's rigid style without meaning to disrespect them. He wasn't exactly allowed to do too much creatively with their defensive tactics, their midfield and fullbacks aren't exactly overlapping and heavily contributing to attacks are they? His style relies on support from deep in a more possession based team, he also makes good runs so his style could genuinely thrive here potentially a really great addition.

Their other option in midfield is Soucek. I'm not surprised West Ham fans like the guy.

He is not good enough whatsoever to play for City. He certainly isn't good enough to block the development of Foden as an #8. It's an absolutely mental idea to sign this guy

He clearly wasn't "terrible" or "turgid" though was he? If you don't think he's good enough that's fair enough, but some of the exaggeration on here sometimes is a bit much. I reckon Pep and his coaching staff could improve most players so as long as there's something there to work with and the intelligence to do it pretty quickly, then it could work.

I've no idea exactly how good he is. The one thing I do know is that Brazilian's tens to have good technique on the ball so it's possible he'd be able to step up for us. Not a guarantee though obviously.

I'm not convinced by the idea of Foden as an 8 tbh. Not against it, but not convinced - by suggesting Foden's development as an 8 would be blocked, you also suggest Foden isn't quite there yet in that position. How long would it take for him to fully adapt? I don't know.

However, if we carry on playing this 'box' midfield we basically have an extra central attacking midfielder position, so maybe there would be times they'd both play anyway.

Big questions big asked of Phil. Been reading the quote tweets/replies and negative sentiments all round. Not without fault but I hope for Foden’s career and sake he kicks on this season central spot or not.

The tweet is from an Arsenal fan. They are obsessed with a Foden and him failing. All very odd. It’s just so they can turn round and say ‘see he isn’t as good as Saka’. Weird.

Too many sources have confirmed the £70m bid now so obviously true.

Depends how much the player pushes - Rice dragged on because he wouldn’t force the issue publicly against his boyhood team. I doubt Paqueta is too fussed about that and will make sure he gets the move if we’re serious.

He clearly wasn't "terrible" or "turgid" though was he? If you don't think he's good enough that's fair enough, but some of the exaggeration on here sometimes is a bit much. I reckon Pep and his coaching staff could improve most players so as long as there's something there to work with and the intelligence to do it pretty quickly, then it could work.

I've no idea exactly how good he is. The one thing I do know is that Brazilian's tens to have good technique on the ball so it's possible he'd be able to step up for us. Not a guarantee though obviously.

I'm not convinced by the idea of Foden as an 8 tbh. Not against it, but not convinced - by suggesting Foden's development as an 8 would be blocked, you also suggest Foden isn't quite there yet in that position. How long would it take for him to fully adapt? I don't know.

However, if we carry on playing this 'box' midfield we basically have an extra central attacking midfielder position, so maybe there would be times they'd both play anyway.

Pep and Txiki obviously know fuck all ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.