Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Foden only turned 23 in May and already has 14 trophies, which is not bad going for someone who is apparently ‘stagnating’, according to that puddle of knowledge Carragher (11 trophies).

We need midfielders with versatility because Rodri cannot continue to play as many games and de Bruyne needs to be protected, too. Paqueta might be such a player, since his instinct and energy is to move the ball forward, attributes which may work to the benefit of Haaland, Alvarez, and Foden.

Agreed. The Leeds game at home last season when Gundo took the piss as a 6 was a turning point in my mentality with Rodri. He’s the best in the world in that position but when he’s not in the team, he doesn’t have to be replaced like-for-like in my opinion.

The guy who comes in can be a technical marvel (Gundo, Kova) instead of a defensive/controlled colossus like Rodri is.

Ok......this looks like a definite goer,im surprised.

As i said earlier,and he will seemingly take some convincing......hopefully Philips is very much involved.

I'd hope that if this does happen it ends up being kalvin + cash rather than straight fee of more than 70m

I'd also expect this to be a push for kalvin that you need to leave, you might want to stay but we are bringing another player in who is in front of you

If kalvin 40+m then another 40 might hit their target

Really stood out when we played them at our place, a cut above the rest of their players.

Wouldn’t be against this at all and couldn’t give a shit about how much it costs personally. If the club think we can afford it and Pep wants him then it’s a no brainer.
Any time I've watched West Ham last season or as you said when we played them at our place Paqueta was head and shoulders above the rest.

A player who can play in wide positions and centrally so it wouldn't surprise me that we are after him.

If Pep wants him that's all that matters.

But the facts are this. Before no question Phil was better than Saka but since then, saka has gone on to become a regular RW at a top side and is playing very well. Saka is an excellent RW and for me is a player you’d swipe at any chance. Sure Foden is probably more talented but Saka has begun to kick on career wise. Foden needs to have consistency and become a regular fixture now.
He needs a regular position as well.

For me that's opened up by Mahrez going. If he plays off the right wing, cutting inside and floating into central areas I reckon he'd get 20 goals this season.

So it is Paqueta who desperately wants to get out of WH and it's his agent who is trying to sell him to us.

That's how I think it seems as well, like an approach from their side. Possibly knowing we looked at him last summer, checking if there is something there, than getting a price out into the Brazilian media, amd seeing if it goes anywhere.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.