Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

I am not knocking posters reasonings why they don't want Paqueta (the same for me and Gvardiol to some degree) or rate him that highly but the same could be said about the Kovacic signing.

Wouldn't know the numbers, but feel Gundogan played that position more than Bernardo, last season at least.
Either way if we have KDB, Kovacic and Paqueta, then Bernardo and Foden won't play there much and leave Grealish Foden Bernardo and lets sy Palmer for the wide positions.
That still leaves game time for Alvarez and maybe Mcatee to get.
This could be taken as a shot in the arm for Cole, by going for a midfielder rather than a winger and leaving him opportunities out wide (Phil or Bernardo in really big games). Gives us one more goal scoring midfielder and Kova can play deeper and or cover Rodri.Gives the squad a more robust feel to me.

Not sure how anyone can judge a player who obviously likes a through ball based on a season trying to slide in the likes of Antonio. No disrespect to West Ham but it’s obvious that up top has been a huge problem for them for years. Players like him thrive on teams who dominate possession and always have players ahead of the ball - not West Ham. Give the bloke a chance if we get him.

Forget this. Why on earth would West Ham sell? They’re already significantly weakened by the departure of Rice. And they know it. If anything, they need to buy, and buy wisely, before the end of the window.
Paqueta’s a good player, I’ve followed him from his Olympique Lyonnais days, but I don’t believe for a second that Moyes would agree to this.

Can't say I've seen a lot of him or noticed him last season. £70m seems both too much and not enough. If West Ham have him on a four-year contract and paid £51m for him just last year, why would they let him go for that? And if you don't like this deal at £70m, then how about the £80m or £90m they would inevitably try and push us to? Buying from the Premier League just isn't worth it most of the time nowadays.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.