Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

Maddison is a shithouse. Dropped by Leicester in the run in last season because his attitude is wank.

A midtable mentality, hence his transfer to a team of perennial bottlers.
Plus if he scores the penalty v Everton then Leicester stay up instead.

Did you know that Pep has wanted him a couple of times in his career already and has absolutely loved him since his Flamengo days!? This is apparently only happening now as Paqueta changed agents and approached the club about any interest and Pep and Txiki really rate him?
I'm sure they were all over him at Flamengo. Since then he flopped at Milan, did well for Lyon who finished in the Europa league and mid table and did ok for a struggling West Ham side.

The club have proven time and time again that if a player with the profile they ate looking for is not available, they will wait until one is .
Then why aren't they this season. We missed out on Bellingham, tried for Rice and have seemingly settled on Paqueta

Maddison is a shithouse. Dropped by Leicester in the run in last season because his attitude is wank.

A midtable mentality, hence his transfer to a team of perennial bottlers.
I agree with what you are saying. Guess that says more about how much I rate Paqueta I suppose.

One of my friends is a big West Ham fan, and he talked about how one of the major problems West Ham had last season was explained by Michail Antonio in a podcast. Basically, because they finished in a European spot for two seasons in a row, and they spent big last summer, they wanted to try to push for a CL spot to challenge the other big teams, so they tried to radically change up their play style to a more possession-oriented one similar to the bigger teams, which neither the team nor Moyes were built to do successfully. That's why they struggled so much in the beginning of the season. The second half of the season, they reverted back to more of their direct style that worked for them in the past, which is why they fared better. So I'm not too worried about Paqueta's first half of last season because I think both he and Scamacca were trying to fit into a team that was trying to transform into something they were not. Plus, he'll likely work well in City's system and with Pep

He's being ridiculous mate. Why would we have wanted Maddison when Paqueta has less than half his goals/assists for more than double his price.

Maddison is nowhere near as good as Paqueta for what we want. Nowhere near.

City are interested in a player that can play in a double pivot and even cover Rodri when needed.

Paqueta can arguably play as a 6, an 8 and a 10 because of his tactical discipline and understanding of the game. He can mix it physically too and is a far more combative player than Maddison.

Maddison has zero tactical discipline and can only play as a 10 or an advanced midfielder in a 3 man midfield.

If we tried playing Maddison in a double pivot, we would end up getting completely overrun and bullied in midfield.

Paqueta is by far the better choice for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.