Lucas Paqueta investigated by FA for alleged betting breaches

It's not the squad that won the treble. At all. Stop being disingenuous. Kova, as tidy as he looks, isn't going to offer what Gundo did, in fact initial word was we were bringing him in as a rotational option; so why now is he seen as Gundo's replacement? Even if we accept that as true, we're now a midfielder down for at least half the season.
It’s pretty close to the treble winning squad, and add a winger we are good enough to win the league and get to the last 4 of the C/L at the very least.Second half of the season a refreshed KDB will be better than tha failing one latter end of last season.
How last seasons treble winners have suddenly become a load of journeymen with the Gundogan one man team in some peoples eyes is astounding.

Last edited:
Sad to say that would be wishful thinking at this moment...while I'm still expecting us to do what's necessary to maintain our level as a squad it now has to be said as we're 2 weeks from the window closing that if we go into the season as we are we won't come anywhere close to the standard we've set over the past 6 years. All flapping aside, there is such a thing as being realistic no matter how much happiness the clappers try to force upon, or should I say enforce on, everyone. If we don't make 2 or 3 moves to legitimately strengthen the squad then we'll be a team fighting for top 4 and a secondary contender in the CL. That's just the reality, simple as. Why we would choose now, coming off our greatest season ever, to pull back seems very strange to me and it's why I find it hard to believe we won't do what's needed. Unless there's something we don't know about I see no reason why we would not press the clear upper hand it has taken us 15 years to establish and choose to rest on our laurels...

The next 2 weeks will let everyone know the club's intentions. But make no mistake, if no moves are made it's all on the club and if that's how they decide to proceed then it is what it is. But please don't anyone try telling us that they were hamstrung because we're in the position to do almost anything we want in terms of adding quality depth and some diversity...Anyone thinking we can't do some good things to strengthen the squad is greatly mistaken...
You are trying to create panic. So far basically we have two in two out. Not like for like but reasonable buys. We have only just lost Kev so that has indeed increased the short term requirements. The window is not closed yet so opportunity still exists. The club has shown its commitment to spend big its just that everything has not fallen into place yet.

Squad, Arsenal. And it's not even a debate as they have 2-3 proven players on each position (bar RB as Timber broke).

We have players with less than 5 senior PL apps on 3 or more positions. Its just how it is.
Haha…. Give over. Fuck me this place is worse than the matchday one.

I’m out of here.

Squad, Arsenal. And it's not even a debate as they have 2-3 proven players on each position (bar RB as Timber broke).

We have players with less than 5 senior PL apps on 3 or more positions. Its just how it is.
You're not even taking into account the 20 goals Kovacic is going to score

I make it on the limit. (as of right now).

View attachment 90539
This is a useful chart - however for PL purposes Perrone & Gvardiol go into B List (they were born on or after 1 January 2002). although can not be in the B-List for CL as they have not been in England for long enough. Therefore we still have 2 places free places available (for PL) even if Cancelo and Laporte do not move

Palmer, Lewis & McAtee, Harwood-Bellis, Doyle, should all be in the B-List. Which means we could sign any Club Trained Player to fill those slots ( e.g Trippier, Diaz, Denayer, Gunn, Angelino [again!] Porro, Tosin - not that I'm suggesting any would fit the bill)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.