Lucio?

Its a no for me im a massive fan of him but think he would want first team football and ALOT of money, and i dont think we are in a position to offer either. Lescott and Kompany have been solid for the past two years and we need to get rid of dead wood before we sign anyone, if we sign a centre back I would like someone with EPL experience, the right side of 30 and is hungry for success! Cracking player though!

From skysports.com:

Inter exit for Lucio
Brazilian wished a fond farewell from Giuseppe Meazza

Veteran defender Lucio's glittering career at Inter Milan has been brought to an end after it was agreed to cancel the final two years of his contract by mutual consent.

The 34-year-old Brazilian World Cup winner joined Inter in 2009 and went on to play 136 matches, scoring five goals.

In his time at Inter, Lucio also won one Scudetto, two Coppa Italias, one Super Coppa, the UEFA Champions League and the Club World Cup.

"Internazionale announces that the documents relative to the cancellation of Lucio's contract by mutual consent have been deposited in the offices of Lega Serie A," said a club statement.

"Everyone at FC Internazionale wishes Lucio and his family a fond farewell."

Fenerbahce denial
On Thursday, Turkish club Fenerbahce were moved to post an official statement on their website denying they wanted to sign Lucio.

Prior to moving to Italy, Lucio enjoyed a successful career in Germany, where he played for both Bayer Leverkusen and Bayern Munich.

Lucio scored in the 2002 Champions League final for Leverkusen, although they lost the match to Real Madrid.

With Bayern, he won three Bundesliga titles, three DFB-Pokal crowns and three Supercups.

Lucio has 105 caps for his country, and a 2002 World Cup winners' medal to go with Confederations Cup glory in 2005 and 2009.

According to the Di Marzio agreement reached with Juventus on a contract of €2.2m a year for 2 years and will be announced/presented to the media on Monday along with Paul Pogba, Isla and Asamoah.

I guess they needed experience for their CL campaign with Lucio and to give greater flexibility to the back four with Chiellini able to play LB if needed.

Apparently the club is talking of finishing their market operations with the signings of Manolo Gabbiadini and a striker rumoured to be either Destro, Dzeko or (less likely) Van Persie. Like Balotelli, now reported in the Italian sports press to be worth €50m, RVP is way outside the Juve budget.

Tez Tosterone said:
According to the Di Marzio agreement reached with Juventus on a contract of €2.2m a year for 2 years and will be announced/presented to the media on Monday along with Paul Pogba, Isla and Asamoah.

I guess they needed experience for their CL campaign with Lucio and to give greater flexibility to the back four with Chiellini able to play LB if needed.

Apparently the club is talking of finishing their market operations with the signings of Manolo Gabbiadini and a striker rumoured to be either Destro, Dzeko or (less likely) Van Persie. Like Balotelli, now reported in the Italian sports press to be worth €50m, RVP is way outside the Juve budget.
Juve have made some shrewd acquisitions for the money and will be a dangerous side next year. They signed Pirlo as a free agent from Milan last year and now Lucio as a free from Inter. IMO there can be too much prejudice against older players and not enough respect for experience.

Tez Tosterone said:

Juve seem to be linked with every player going.

If Mario scores in the final, I reckon the Italian owners like Moratti and Berlusconi will have a serious thought about trying to buy him. His personality means that you are buying a player that could fill their stadia and sell thousands of shirts

Some short sight people said Pirlo was finished and too old when he left Milan too.

bluethai said:
Some short sight people said Pirlo was finished and too old when he left Milan too.
Yeah exactly. That Inter locker room was likely pretty cancerous the last 2 seasons. He moves to a brand new stadium, with a close knit championship winning team, a very good players coach and you could see him being rejuvenated tbh, no pun intended.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.