Luck to win the Champions League

there are many circumstances which lead to a result - the imprecise art of foot ball when the best team in a cup game may not necessarily win - cup games are far much harder to predict and it is clear this season we have had a catalogue of injuries since the turn of the year- I'm pretty certain KDB hasnt been fully fit all season yet he has been admirable in his efforts - similarly kyle walker was patched for last night and did an amazing job - it wasnt meant to be last night sadly - but lets be honest we ALL KNOW who the best team were over those two legs - it was City and I thank everyone one of them for their efforts not just those games but all season - Ive followed them for 60 years now and cannot believe the quality I see every game and this is the reason I travel over 400 miles for very home game - its a privilege and we have to be aware where we came from to this day - dont be sad be proud!! it will come and when it does -BOY OH BOY!! Worth the wait and all the trauma.
I’d say the team who had a never say die attitude, who were 2 goals behind on 4 different occasions but never stopped believing and ploughed on to keep scoring and keeping themselves in the tie, who took their key chances at key moments, who brought on brilliant young energetic substitutes who made a huge impact on the game compared to ours, the team who saw the game out properly, was the best team over those two legs.

And that wasn’t City.

Yeah we should have been out of sight in the first leg. Yeah we were minutes away from the final. But we didn’t take the chances to put ourselves out of sight in the first leg because our finishing across our team is poor, and we didn’t see the game out and played like absolute amateurs in the last five minutes of the second leg.

Yeah bottling it year on year is plain luck. There’s a big element of luck involved the last two years have all been our own doing though

Some good arguable points. You say we have been "tactically inept" at crucial stages, what precisely would you have done, tactically, when Mahrez scored, that would have meant we won the game in normal time, apart from faking fouls and injuries.
in recent games we have been playing more long balls , if we played our normal possession game we dont give the opposition to make dangerous crosses into the box , but you make a good point about faking fouls , time wasting and injuries etc. its nothing to be proud of but it gets other teams over the line , the question is do we stoop to that level to win at all costs.

I was just thinking that RM appear to have there name on the trophy ( again ) with the results they have been getting

There’s no such thing as luck.

City have bottled this competition every year since we entered it and I’m sick of the excuses.

It’s on the team this. Not the refs, not luck, not Uefa, it’s on City.

It looks stupid to say this, but I have the feeling that we will never win it!!

It's unbelievable to think that this team that produced arguably the best ever Pl performance over the recent years, could not win the champions. Every time somthing strange happened and we loose.

Really disappointed and couldn't understand why this keeps happening.

If there is no such thing as luck, how do we explain the rags and dippers nearly always getting the easier draws and groups.

If it's not luck and it cant be a coincidence as it happens to many times it must be fixed.

We’ve been knocked out by Lyon, Monaco, Spurs (lol) and a far from peak Liverpool side in recent years.

We can’t moan about being drawn against the strongest teams.

It’s. All. On. City.

We’ve been knocked out by Lyon, Monaco, Spurs (lol) and a far from peak Liverpool side in recent years.

We can’t moan about being drawn against the strongest teams.

It’s. All. On. City.

I agree. There’s a determination and refusal to lose missing from many of the players. Only a few like Walker seem to have that extra bit about them that stops them being too soft and accepting, or too arrogant and switching off.

We could do with a few more who keep the others’ heads up, and know the shithouse side of the game to wind up opponents as well as questioning the refs more vehemently. No-one said a thing when Casemiro should have had his yellows, we should have had about five players in the ref’s face and someone else screaming to Casemiro you dirty cheating **** about two inches from his face. I want players with that attitude to go with our skill. Then we will win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.