lucky lucky spurs

They werent so lucky when the ball was 3 feet over the line at the theatre of prawn sandwiches were they?

These things definately even themselves out over the years, we need to move on.

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Is there actually a more annoying song than that slow "when sthe purs go marching in" song. I actually think its worse than paddywack

I think that's a brilliant song, love the way it starts off nice and slow. I also realise I'm the only blumooner not to hate Spurs. I even had a drink with a few of them at Liverpool st station after the 4-3 and they were fine. I reserve my venom for one club and one club only. I see they're all gone in the spoilt child mode now that they only got a point down at the Cottage, a bigger bunch of c*nts you aren't likely to find.
Anyway Spurs fans, I've a question for you. You did very well last season and deserve your place in Europe but do you think so many high pressure games will be too much for your squad this season?
The likes of Arsenal, chelsea and that lot all have years of experience of juggling between competitions and although you've played UEFA football before, champions league is a different intensity altogether. I appreciate you've a lot of quality and no doubt Harry will buy again once you get past young boys but it must be a concern that you can play to your potential both at home and in Europe.
Thoughts?

blue_paul said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Is there actually a more annoying song than that slow "when sthe purs go marching in" song. I actually think its worse than paddywack

I think that's a brilliant song, love the way it starts off nice and slow. I also realise I'm the only blumooner not to hate Spurs. I even had a drink with a few of them at Liverpool st station after the 4-3 and they were fine. I reserve my venom for one club and one club only. I see they're all gone in the spoilt child mode now that they only got a point down at the Cottage, a bigger bunch of c*nts you aren't likely to find.
Anyway Spurs fans, I've a question for you. You did very well last season and deserve your place in Europe but do you think so many high pressure games will be too much for your squad this season?
The likes of Arsenal, chelsea and that lot all have years of experience of juggling between competitions and although you've played UEFA football before, champions league is a different intensity altogether. I appreciate you've a lot of quality and no doubt Harry will buy again once you get past young boys but it must be a concern that you can play to your potential both at home and in Europe.
Thoughts?

A few seasons back with a weaker squad, we managed 20 games in the Europa league and finished fifth, so I think we can....IF we sign a top striker. I think we will do that if we win on Wednesday.

blue_paul said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:

Thoughts?

Paul it is the one question many Spurs fans have been asking all summer.....

Some of it will be answered in the coming days, IF we get past YB's on Wednesday, we will then see who we draw in the group stages..... there are "nicer" groups and there is always a group of death, then you look at who you play and when, and what follows in the PL after each away game.... if we get Barca away and then Manure away in the PL thats tough.....

If we get Rangers at home in the CL and WBA at home in the PL then that's going to have less effect on the players......

So I would say at the moment wait and see.....

We have one of the youngest squads in the PL only Cudicini, Keane, Gallas and Crouch are over 30.... Huddlestone, Lennon, Corluka, Bassong, Rose, Bale, Modric, GDS, Sandro, Kaboul, Walker, O'Hara, Livermore and Naughton are all under 23.....

Add Defoe, Pav, Jenas, Bentley, King, BAE and Kranjcar, Gomes to that squad and it has experience, pace, youth, strength, height and goals......

Most of the squad have been in place for 2-3 seasons, in the case of Defoe, Keane and Crouch have all played for the club before, left and came back.....

They also enjoy playing for Harry and for each other, there is a team spirit at the club the likes of which I have not seen before in the 35 years I have been watching them....

We need a top top top class goalscorer (IMHO)...... I also think we will play a very young side in the CC... with all due respect to City, and we may not be the most successful club in terms of trophies, but since you won the League Cup in 1976, we have 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and a UEFA Cup..... with 1 lost FA Cup Final, 3 lost league cup finals and numerous European adventures.... so winning the CC is not so important for us.. for City, winning a trophy is the next step, in my opinion.... there is not a winning mentality at the club yet, and that was too evident last season under Hughes and Mancini (my opinion)...

I think we will be ok this season, we have had 3 of the last 4 years in the UEFA cup so we have an idea of what is required..... the squad is so much stronger now than it was, and though people say Ledley can't walk..... he managed over half our PL games last season, more than the England captain (don't want to soil your site with his name).... and he was outstanding at CoM's in May.....

We had a little bit of lady luck on Saturday but not many would have gone to Stoke with the team we had missing and won:

Cudicini

Hutton
King
Woodgate
Gallas

Bentley
Modric
Sandro

Defoe
Pav
Keane

11 missing through injury, 10 full Internationals....... that shows great strength in depth... and the ability with a little luck to turn that into 3 points after a tough away game in Europe during the week.....

Add to that an incredibly good crop of kids many out on loan:

Bostock (Hull), Button and Parrett (Plymouth), Townsend (Ipswich), Obika (C Palace)

marcspurs said:
blue_paul said:
Thoughts?

Paul it is the one question many Spurs fans have been asking all summer.....

Some of it will be answered in the coming days, IF we get past YB's on Wednesday, we will then see who we draw in the group stages..... there are "nicer" groups and there is always a group of death, then you look at who you play and when, and what follows in the PL after each away game.... if we get Barca away and then Manure away in the PL thats tough.....

If we get Rangers at home in the CL and WBA at home in the PL then that's going to have less effect on the players......

So I would say at the moment wait and see.....

We have one of the youngest squads in the PL only Cudicini, Keane, Gallas and Crouch are over 30.... Huddlestone, Lennon, Corluka, Bassong, Rose, Bale, Modric, GDS, Sandro, Kaboul, Walker, O'Hara, Livermore and Naughton are all under 23.....

Add Defoe, Pav, Jenas, Bentley, King, BAE and Kranjcar, Gomes to that squad and it has experience, pace, youth, strength, height and goals......

Most of the squad have been in place for 2-3 seasons, in the case of Defoe, Keane and Crouch have all played for the club before, left and came back.....

They also enjoy playing for Harry and for each other, there is a team spirit at the club the likes of which I have not seen before in the 35 years I have been watching them....

We need a top top top class goalscorer (IMHO)...... I also think we will play a very young side in the CC... with all due respect to City, and we may not be the most successful club in terms of trophies, but since you won the League Cup in 1976, we have 3 FA Cups, 2 League Cups and a UEFA Cup..... with 1 lost FA Cup Final, 3 lost league cup finals and numerous European adventures.... so winning the CC is not so important for us.. for City, winning a trophy is the next step, in my opinion.... there is not a winning mentality at the club yet, and that was too evident last season under Hughes and Mancini (my opinion)...

I think we will be ok this season, we have had 3 of the last 4 years in the UEFA cup so we have an idea of what is required..... the squad is so much stronger now than it was, and though people say Ledley can't walk..... he managed over half our PL games last season, more than the England captain (don't want to soil your site with his name).... and he was outstanding at CoM's in May.....

We had a little bit of lady luck on Saturday but not many would have gone to Stoke with the team we had missing and won:

Cudicini

Hutton
King
Woodgate
Gallas

Bentley
Modric
Sandro

Defoe
Pav
Keane

11 missing through injury, 10 full Internationals....... that shows great strength in depth... and the ability with a little luck to turn that into 3 points after a tough away game in Europe during the week.....

Add to that an incredibly good crop of kids many out on loan:

Bostock (Hull), Button and Parrett (Plymouth), Townsend (Ipswich), Obika (C Palace)

Couple of points really, I too think you need a top goal scorer but I also think you'll stuggle without King in the big games. Bassong and Dawson were terrible against young boys and they're going to come up against much better sides. It'll be interesting to see if Harry can offload Keane before the window ends, you don't want a really well paid player sitting on the bench for most meaningful games this season. He should definitely move him on as a new striker is a certainty I'd of thought.
As you rightly point out, a lot of how your campaign works out will be down to opposition but you'll be playing al least two quality sides in the group stage so he'll have to rotate with weekend fixtures, regardless of the opposition.
As for City and their winning mentality, this is the type of culture the club is trying to harness now. The calibire of player we brought in are used to winning trophies at the highest level, as is the manager, and I think that'll be seen when we start to gel properly. If we can steady the ship now in terms of personnel moving in and out of the club we should form a more cohesive unit and I don't think it's unfair to suggest that the quality that has come in this summer, unlike the last one, is absolutely top drawer.
I always thought that Viera was brought in for his attitude around the place as much as anything. Yes, it's towards the end of his glittering career but I'm sure his professionalism and winning mentaility can rub off on younger players like Hart, Boyata, Cunningham, Nimley and any other of the youngsters.

Just thought I'd get a little snippet in about an ex Arsenal player for you!

Tin hat on time. I don't mind spurs or everton.
Spurs - apart from Redknapp I don't have a problem with the team or the way they play. I do have a dislike for some of the fans, especially on Claremont Road about 10 years ago when I copped one to the face from some cockney wide boy whilst I was minding me own, but he got a kicking from someone his own size about a minute later.

Everton - actually I don't like Everton.

I am one of the Spurs fans that has welcomed the signing of Gallas (for those days that Ledley can't play)...... similar to Vieira, Gallas is there for his winning mentality and CL experience... the same reason we bought Davids when we did, Naybet a few years back and Klinsmann going further back....

Time will tell if you have bought top top quality this summer.....

The PL is different and for Kolarov and Boateng they will find it tough until they get up to speed..... I am not sure why you needed Yaya Toure, or if he was worth what you paid... Silva is class and always has been.... my only question is how will he be without David Villa?

Many players are better with one partner..... Keane needs Sulkatov... Rebrov looked lost without Shevchenko..... but Silva is class.

I have not seen enough of Balotelli on the pitch, but have read about his behaviour off it... if Mancini can control someone Mourinho could not then maybe....

But the conundrum for RM..... Fitting, Adebayor, Balotelli, Tevez, Robinho, Silva, Milner, Jo, RSC, Toure, De Jong, A Johnson, Barry....... into a formation to make it work... and who works best with whom.... 12 into 6 positions does not go.... and that's without a mention for SWP, Vieira, M Johnson...... so in effect 15 into 6 leaves 9 not playing....

It is how those not playing accept it that is important for team spirit..... this is the main problem we have with Keane....he feels he has a divine right to play every game.... and can be a bad influence in the changing room..... the rest understand it's a squad game and they will all get 20-25 games a season.....

marcspurs.

4 of the 15 will not be here so that gets it down to 11 players for 6 positions 2 for each position means we are actually a player short.

Going off your logic how is Harry going to keep the 26 players happy you have quoted when there are only 11 spaces 26 into 11 doesn't go.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.